A friend and I stayed in one of the one bedroom cabins this August and were kind of blown away by how great the place was. When we arrived, Chandler told us all of the things we needed to know, gave us a complementary bottle of locally made wine, and the keys to our freaking awesome cabin. Rustic, yes, but also really charming, clean, and comfortable. Great little kitchen, and the screened in porches are a dream. Seemed like most of the cabins were occupied when we were there, and kids ran around, but at the same time it didn't seem crowded ever, and there was no lack of privacy, even sitting out by the firepit at night, you could barely hear/see the other cabins' fire gatherings. The way the cabins are set up along the water works great like that. There are other cabins that seem more "grouped" in front of the beach area that would be good for larger groups.
We swam, we got in boats, we took advantage of the Elms' own tubing offer - Chandler drove us to the drop off with and it felt like we had the whole river to ourselves. The water was clear and cool and perfect, with areas of small rapids that make for very much fun in the tube, but not too scary, and large, lazy expanses of calmly flowing water. It's not only way cheaper than the larger tubing outfitters in the area, when the river shoots you out you just paddle in your tube right over to the dock at the Elms! This will work out your arms and work up your appetite, so be ready to grill afterwards.
There are convenience stores right there, a nice family-style restaurant just a few buildings down, and a grocery store with everything about a 15 minute walk away (we're used to walking in NY and didn't have a car so all of this was really great for us).
We liked it so much we stayed an extra night. Don't go to bustling Lake George if you're from NYC and want to get away from it all. It doesn't matter if you don't have a car. Take a cab from the train station and stay at the Elms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique resort cottages along the water fully equipped with kitchens, campfires, BBQs, screened in porches. One, two, three or four bedrooms. Private beach and river sports to include: jet skis, pontoon boat, kayaking, river rafting and fishing. Restaurants, horseback riding, golf, hiking and area near by. The property located half way between the amusements of Lake George and Saratoga Springs with fine dining and horse racing. Peaceful and pastoral the Elms has many return visitors each year who rave over this unique setting and ambiance. Watch for Eagles, Vultures, Loons, ducks, Great Blue Heron and other wildlife to show your children or snap a picture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your The Elms Waterfront Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Elms Waterfront Cottages Hotel Lake Luzerne
- The Elms Waterfront Cottages Lake Luzerne/Lake George, NY