“If you are looking for cabin with hotel amenities, this is not it.”

The Elms Waterfront Cottages
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Lake Luzerne
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I frankly don't understand the high rating of this place. I would consider it more of a "hunters" cabin. If you want seclusion, its not to be found here. Our cabin was behind a convenience store separated by an 8 ft. stockade fence. There were spider webs in the shower and kitchen. The bathroom was spartan. the shower head was "poking" through the wall at a very odd angle. The shower stall was flimsy plastic. I almost fell through it. I was the only one who would use it. The bathroom sink had exposed pipes. There was an odor of which I would attribute to the heat being turned on. I could go on. Cellphone was poor to nonexistent. You may like it, but for the price I could have gotten a pretty nice hotel room.

Positives? The view of the bay was beautiful. The wireless internet was good.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank john9612
elmscottages, Manager at The Elms Waterfront Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

We are not a hotel rather housekeeping cottages people stay with us for the proximity to Lake George and Saratoga. They like the flexibility of being able to cook or grill and not have to eat out every night. Many people also enjoy being able to have campfires. We are sorry you were not happy.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

My son and I recently stayed at the Elms cottages for several days over a long holiday. We had the most relaxing and enjoyable experience. The host Chandler was very nice and helpful. Our cabin was very clean and had everything you could need. Our view of the lake was breathtaking, and colorful with the leaves changing. We enjoyed the boating and campfires, and hiking with our dogs who had the time of there lives! We would highly recommend the elms cottages for a fun family place to stay on the water in your own cottage over any hotel any day. We had so much fun we are coming back next year for another fun and relaxing vacation.
Diane in cottage 8

Room Tip: All cottages are great with water view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank diane v
Reviewed 21 August 2013

People ask us why we continue to return to the Elms for our summer vacation each year, fhere are many reasons, but we will list a few! For six years we have returned to the Elms for vacation, and every visit was wonderful. The cottages are always a treat, clean, nice kitchen area, and a fire pit for those cool nights.. I love the fact that we did not watch any TV, and spent all of our time outside doing things that we never have time for. Like(looking at the stars at night, listening to the sounds of the Loon. The staff are always very friendly, and anything we ever need, they try to please. The family feeling is wonderful. Children can play, and run and swim, and be safe in this setting. I would recommend the Elms to any family or couple that are looking for a relaxing,and interesting environment to enjoy there time off....... Thank You Chandler and staff for helping us create new memories !!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mytruelove
Reviewed 6 August 2013

What a wonderful and charming place to stay my family and i had a wonderful time and we will deficiently come back next summer .The cottages were great very clean and comfortable and they were a lot bigger then what we expected , the staff was very helpful .I would to thank the owner chandler for welcoming u and for helping us enjoy our time together.We will be back soon we are planing to go back in september for the air balloon festival .

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mindy71884
Reviewed 6 August 2013

booked the one night that was available and was told we would be able to spend our second night on the lake 5 miles down the road which was a complete lie. He put us in a one house motel pushed back in woods when we made it clear we had a large dog with us. when i called to speak with office he was very rude and no help at all. After I explained my problem he rudely asked "whats your question anyway?" as if i was wasting his time. No customer service, only wanted to get money for the stay no matter how misleading he was being.I am very glad I cancelled, would not want to be greeted by that guy.

Room Tip: dont stay here
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank elizabeth s
elmscottages, Manager at The Elms Waterfront Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

A full refund was granted we had found accommodations at a neighboring hotel for 1 night and guest was to stay with us second night. Our property boats and beach were available both days.

Reviewed 13 July 2013

My husband and I were looking for a last minute getaway and we're lucky to find this place. Although familiar with the Lake George region we never been to Lake Luzerne. The cottages are very peaceful, but within a 5min walk to civilization if you'd like to get a cup fresh coffee in the morning or pizza for lunch. Our cottage was clean, big and had everything you may need. Each cottage has a picnic table, grill and fire ring.
I was hesitant to write the review hoping to keep this place for ourself, but decided to share this find with my Tripadvisor friends.
We'll be back.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Love2Travel62_10
elmscottages, Manager at The Elms Waterfront Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

Thanks for sharing we are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to have with us again soon

Reviewed 6 November 2012

Our family loves Upstate NY and decided to try the Elms for a change. The lake was beautiful and the cottages were a great size. Our son is 2 and had a blast running around and checking out the sights. The owners were helpful and friendly. The locations is great. You have Cumberland farms and a gas station right there. If you're looking for a very peaceful and quiet experience, try requesting a cottage further back by their beach. Each cottage has their own screened in porch, charcoal grill, and picnic table. In addition, there is a cute little playground and volleyball net. The fishing was okay. We would definitely go back!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
#6 of 89 in Lake George
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#71 of 89 in Lake George

Been to The Elms Waterfront Cottages? Share your experiences!