Came for a week's stay in July. My husband had stayed here often as a child and wanted to revisit nearly 30 yrs later to see how it had changed, or not changed. Beautiful secluded spot on Lake Vanare, peaceful and relaxing. We stayed in Cove 1 which had plenty of space for our family of 4. Very clean, had everything we needed. Dock with boats right outside was great. Big porch with great view of the cove, fire pit right by the water to sit and listen to the frogs and crickets at night (and make smores!). Beach isn't huge but big enough for the size of the property. Pete and Kelly and all of the staff are very friendly, helpful and accommodating. Saturday night "weenie roast" was a nice touch and a great way to meet your fellow guests. This place is a retreat from the noise and traffic of Lake George Village--it was great to come back after a day out and about and have such a quiet place to return to. Lots to do so close by but you really feel like you're a world away......
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Open All Year! In the cool, clear Adirondack Mountains, away from the main highways. On Lake Vanare, you will find a group of secluded, waterfront cottages. We are located just a short drive from Lake George, Saratoga & Lake Placid. Nearly 4 acres of wooded land with 721 feet of shoreline. Each cottage has a campfire area for the exclusive use of the guest. Free use of our rowboats and canoes, make for family fun and memories... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Hideaway Waterfront Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hideaway Waterfront Cottages Hotel Lake Luzerne
- Hideaway Waterfront Cottages Lake Luzerne/Lake George, NY