“Beautiful!”

Lamplight Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Lake Luzerne B&B and Inns
“Beautiful!”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon and we honestly cannot think of any way this beautiful place could have improved! The breakfasts were delicious and the room was immaculate. We especially loved the friendly atmosphere and the mischievous little bear in our room that seemed to always find something to get in to while we were away :)

• Stayed June 2014
LinsInnNY, Owner at Lamplight Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Those room bears do get in trouble when you are away from the room. Glad you had a good time at the Inn for your honeymoon, Hope to see you on your 1st anniversary.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Cicero, New York
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We looked at many B and B's in the Adirondacks, this came out at the top of our list. It was far enough away from the busy-ness of Lake George and close enough to go there for dinner and shopping ( and some great ice cream right across from the Great Escape!). We stayed 2 days for our 22nd anniversary and away from our 3 beautiful but extremely needy children. It was even a blessing that the cell phone didn't get much reception. The house and the grounds are very well kept, I can tell that Linda and Gene truly have a passion for their life's work. It was very relaxing, we went for a walk in the woods behind the house and it just smelled like the Adirondacks.....and that is one of the best aromas on Gods green earth. The 2 things I will take away are the heavenly time I had with my beautiful bride and the BLUEBERRY SCONES.....mmmmmmmmmmmm!

Room Tip: The house behind the main house was very quiet and very clean.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write to Trip Advisor. We are really glad to make your
getaway romantic and relaxing. Hope to see you again. Martha's Ice Cream is across the
road from Six Flags/Great Escape and it is gooooood!
Syracuse NY
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Lamplight Inn while attending class at the nearby Adirondack Folk School and had a great experience. Hosts Linda and Gene have just the right temperament, and their experience shows in their attention to detail.

Linda stayed in touch with us before our arrival, and check-in answered all our questions. Our room (the Lilac Room at the back of the main house) was enormous and just spotless. Both the common areas and our room were well-maintained, despite the age of the house. It's obvious the owners put a lot of money and effort into keeping the house and property at its best. Furniture and bedding were comfortable, and all the little amenities added to our stay.

And then there's breakfast. We've never stayed at a B&B with A MENU for breakfast! There's something to suit every taste, and food is prepared quickly with a professional presentation. Here's a tip: No matter what you're having for breakfast, be sure to at least try a small bowl of Linda's homemade granola.

Other staff at the Inn were also professional and courteous, particularly Sally and Cindy.

The Inn's location in the Adirondacks is an ideal starting point for many other towns, but quiet Lake Luzerne is a great place to come back to at the end of the day. And the Lamplight Inn is the right place to come back to. We'll definitely stay again!

Room Tip: Light sleepers should choose a room at the back of the house. Treat yourself to a jacuzzi suite i...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
LinsInnNY, Owner at Lamplight Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you for the review. I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Being the only couple not on motorcycle during your stay, you guys were easy and just having a good time. After a weekend of classes at the Adirondack Folk School, I am sure you have a whole new appreciation for blacksmithing. Hope to see you again!
Methuen, Massachusetts
Reviewed 10 June 2014

From pulling up to this beautiful place to the day we left... Amazing time and location. As clean as you could ask for. Old world charm to remember. The staff was so kind and friendly and accommodating you felt like it was family even if it was your first visit (which it was for us). Gourmet chef prepared daily specials for breakfast or choose from the menu. I opted for the special everyday and it was incredible. They even agreed to make us eggs Benedict which wasn't even on the menu. The homemade bread (different each day) waited patiently at your breakfast table for you every morning. Nightly gatherings on the front porch with fellow visitors and owners made it even more inviting. This was my first time in the Adirondacks and it made me angry that I hadn't been there before. I have already booked again for same time next year. You will not be disappointed. Gene and Linda (owners) are so friendly and will do whatever it takes to make you feel comfortable.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Carriage House. The room was huge and had a Jacuzzi tub in each room (not the slea...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the wonderful review. I really think we had the all time best Americade group in the Inn this year. Everyone was just so friendly and really enjoyed being at the Lamplight and with the other Americaders. Of course the 5 stupendous weather days didn't hurt. We look forward to next year.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Hello, how is everyone?
I planned a surprise birthday for my husband of 1 year. He drove but didnt find out where we were going until we arrived.
Staying at this Inn reminded me that there is more to NY than Times Square 42nd street or 5th Avenue. It was absolutely beautiful from before we even arrived. Gene and Linda are so professional and helped make the checking in process run so smooth. We stayed in the Canopy room. It is so beautiful with the fireplace and nice canopy style bed. Everything is super super clean, neat and warm in the Inn. Breakfast was exceptional. The various choices of omelets, bread, waffles, homemade granola, fruits, juice and coffee... Sally and Linda are so sweet!!! I informed them that I am gluten-intolerant last minute and Sally; our sweet waitress; made the extra effort to go out and purchase gluten free rolls, bread and pasta (for the Saturday dinner). This is the trait of a genuinely caring, sweet, lovely and nice person. Gene and Linda are so hardworking also, they stayed up all Saturday night cooking and serving us until the last table left. I will say that you can go there with your eyes closed, your stomach empty and your heart open. Trust and believe that you wont want to leave and will want to revisit again and again and again!!! I know I will!!!
Thank you so much to Gene, Linda, Sally and the entire Lamplight Inn staff.
With love from Downstate NY (Harlem, NYC)
Fabrice and Nurriddeenah

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
LinsInnNY, Owner at Lamplight Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Thank you for the kind words. We are so happy that we made your husband's birthday special.
Sally is a gem, our right hand person for the last 19 years. She will do her best to make a guest
happy. This past year, we have received a lot of gluten free requests, so now I always have my gluten free bread made and ready for guest breakfast. We hope to see you again.
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Everyone loves this inn, and so did we, which is why I found it surprising that we were the only guests there when we stopped on our way to Canada. But they were so fuly booked on the weekend after we stayed that we couldn't stay there if we had wished to do so, and we did!. The hosts are friendly and very helpful, the hallways and parlors decorated lavishly with country antiques and photos, and the rooms with canopies and four posters lovely. The breakfast was lavish and wonderful, too.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
LinsInnNY, Owner at Lamplight Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
I am really sorry that it has taken me so long to respond to wonderful reviews. I must have had a foggy head from the long winter this year.
Anyway, thank you for the kind words about your stay. Winter in the Adirondacks was really snowy and becomes weekend getaways for most travelers, so it was really nice to have your company midweek. Hope you had a good trip to Canada.
Sidney, New York
Reviewed 20 March 2014

My husband and I celebrated our anniversary here, Friday through Monday in March. We stayed in Suite 3 in the Carriage House, so we had a king size bed, gas fireplace, comfy chairs, tv, a lovely bathroom, AND a two person jacuzzi. So glad we chose to come here. The weather was cold, so we could go out and do some of the activities in the area, but always looked forward to coming back to the suite just to be together in such a cozy place. Breakfast every morning was absolutely INCREDIBLE, too. Loved it. The B&B is a costly place to stay if you just want somewhere to sleep while you enjoy attractions in the area, but if you like the place you stay to be a big reason for coming, then this is the place!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Sorry this response took so long, but I think it is time to respond to wonder ful reviews. The good thing about the Carriage House Suites is that on a cold day, and boy were we cold, you aren't in a rush to leave the room. Enjoy the fireplace and Jacuzzi and just leave to come to our hearty breakfast. You will be good til dinner. "A warm spot on a cold night". Thank you for the kind words.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lake Luzerne
#9 of 88 in Lake George
The Sagamore Resort
The Sagamore Resort
#1 of 8 in Bolton Landing

Been to Lamplight Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!