“Cute place, wonderful owner!”

Maison d'Hote Panorama Todra Tinehir
Ranked #4 of 34 Tinerhir B&B and Inns
Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
“Cute place, wonderful owner!”
Reviewed 21 April 2013

We spent here one night in our way to Merzouga. the owner is amazing...he went with us as a guide the following day for a 2h walk though the river and todra, he has lots of things to share and to explain.

The place is really cute, not big, not the best bathroom or beds in the world but an amazing place.

The best i think is the terrace with panoramic views of the valley...MUST SEE in the afternoon and morning...has no price to have breakfast there!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Antonio G

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Polish first
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 1 April 2013

The location is the best. You can see the valley from the terrace of the hotel.
The staff is the best of the hotel: Friendly, gentle, worried with the good stay of the guests.
I suggest deeply to have a dinner at the hotel : They cook a excellent tajine for your meal. Don´t miss it !

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
El Chorro
Reviewed 14 December 2012

I arrived at the Panorama late at night and unannounced after a long bus journey from Marrakech and I recieved the warmest Berber welcome one could hope for. Tea and food were quickly rustled up for the tired and hungry traveller and I felt instantly at home. Waking up the next day I was completely blown away by the spectacular view. It's called Panorama for a reason! Once I had taken in the view it was time for breakfast, and what a breakfast. The selection of jams, spreads and local honey to go with fresh bread was outstanding. This brings me to the food. WOW! Fatastic quality, freshly made, delicious, and portion sizes to satisfy the hungriest climber in the gorge. The kalia tagine was the best I've tasted in Morocco. The walk to the gorge through the beautiful palmery was a great way to work it off. Hamid is a fantastic host and really made me feel like part of the family, I've even learnt a little Berber! The price of my stay was more than reasonable. A bargain in fact. To sum the review up, I came for four nights and stayed for ten, and that has very little to do with how good the climbing is in the gorge. I'll be back. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: All rooms are very quiet.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Robert J
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 4 June 2012

As mentioned by other reviewers, I was recommended to stay here through the owners of Le Petit Prince in Merzouga, when we mentioned that we wanted to stay near Todra Gorge for one night. The owner, Hamid, received us with great hospitality, and the moment he showed us the panoramic view, we immediately knew we wanted to stay longer - we could've stayed a week if we had that time! He gave us a very, very reasonable price and multiple options - between rooms on the ground floor, a room with a view on the upper floor, and tents on the terrace. The whole place is just so comfortable and we felt quite at home, though we were also the only guests at the time. I was sick when I arrived, and Hamid and the other staff were so kind to check up on me on occasion, even offering me a Berber remedy. They also speak a litany of languages, and totally understood my jumbled mix of Spanish, French, and English that resulted from my travels in the rest of Morocco.

Now of course, the location - perched high above the oasis but so easy to access it as well! Not a long walk (though prepare for some river crossings) to get to the kasbah ruins right across the oasis, and 5 km to the gorge - though I'd argue this riad's location is prettier than the gorge itself! A petit taxi ride to/from the gorge costs about 7 dirhams a person, although a walk probably wouldn't be bad as long as the weather isn't too hot (we gave up).

Food portions are large and hearty (although order early, as the tagines especially take awhile to prepare), and the dizzying breakfast arrangement is really quite something.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ivan C
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 26 April 2012

Three nights in this wonderful decorated and extreme friendly place. Went here on recommendation by Hassan, one the owners of the likewise friendly ' Le Petit Prince' in Merzouga and after my experience of hospitality there, I found here in ' Panorama Todra' one of the nicest and best located places in the area you can imagine.
It's just in the middle of the road between Thingerir and Todra Gorge. The ideal spot for walks through te valley to either place. Roundabout 7km in each direction, ideal for a few hours walk on small trails through a kind of Garden of Eden: palm-, olive- and figtrees, vegetable gardens, small irrigation channels, a river, donkeys, birds singing, huge rockformations on either side and much more . And after you have reached your destination it's very easy to return by taxi or 'grand taxi', or if you prefer by foot.
The terrace of the ' auberge', or ' petit riad' offers not only a wonderful view but in the morning a true bird's concert and in during sunset the frogs welcome the evening with their songs.
Breakfast and dinner are not just huge (breakfast offers a choice of 8 or 9 different things to decorate your bread), but are prepared with love and experience. Being a vegetarian Hmid prepared the best 'non-animal' tajine I've tasted so far.
Highly recommended and I cannot understand why it is not mentioned in most guidebooks.

Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank ron k
Reviewed 21 April 2012

A very nice welcoming, a wonderful panorama, a delicious menu, some clean rooms with bathroom. This guesthouse is very well located to visit, just few kms outside noisy city of tineghir, on the road to todra's valley and moutains rides.
A very good stay, hard to leave. Enjoy !

• Stayed April 2012
Lasarte, Spain
Reviewed 7 April 2012

We arrived at night and we were delighted with their hospitality. The room was amazing and the next day when we woke up we were amazed with the panoramic sights from our bedroom. They are really friendly and the Berber breakfast that they offered us was excellent. We had a very good time and we expect to return the next year!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tinerhir
Riad Timadrouine
#1 of 34 in Tinerhir
Kasbah Petit Nomade
Kasbah Petit Nomade
#2 of 34 in Tinerhir

Been to Maison d'Hote Panorama Todra Tinehir? Share your experiences!