“Best in Cilaos, though that's not saying much. Accomodates vegetarians.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Les Coeurs Bleus - CLOSED

Les Coeurs Bleus
Cuisines: International
“Best in Cilaos, though that's not saying much. Accomodates vegetarians.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2012 via mobile

My husband wanted to give this 2 stars (he didn't like the limited menu options and found it very overpriced), while I wanted to give it a 4 (decently tasty food and very accommodating to my vegetarianism), so we settled on a 3.

Overall: Decent place, though pricey for what it was. The best food that we had in Cilaos, though that's really not saying much - we found the food in this town to be overpriced and not very good in general; nothing was a good value. (Possible exception: the pain au chocolat banane from the boulangerie across from the Hotel Tsailaos).

I'm vegetarian, and while they had a couple of veg gratins, they graciously offered to make me a vegetarian platter. I ended up with rice, lentils, sautéed vegetables, a little salad, and a huge omelette. Good and filling, though maybe slightly overpriced at 14 euros. My husband said his roasted chicken (same price) was fine. Cheese samosas as appetizers were quite good but definitely overpriced at 10 euros! The verre de vin de Cilaos was sickeningly sweet; like cold, sugary grape juice, though it grew on me after a while. Total bill: 44 euros for 1 appetizer, 2 mains, a glass of local wine, and a bottle of water.

The food was better than 2 other places in Cilaos that my husband tried, but also more expensive. I'd recommend it as the best option in town so long as you're fine with the slightly inflated prices.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Brussels
“Very pleasant new restaurant in Cilaos”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2012

We had dinner here just a week or so after the restaurant opened. Service was still very amateurish, but at least really friendly.
And the food was very good indeed, fresh, well-prepared and nicely presented.
Compared with the other restaurants in Cilaos that we tried this one was clearly our favourite.

• Visited July 2012