“Great Beer!”

Price range: US$8 - US$24
Cuisines: American, Bar, Grill, Brew Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast
Description: The Lake Placid Pub & Brewery serves great beers and delicious food in a comfortable atmosphere. Since 1996, the LPP&B has been Lake Placid's pub of choice, with the freshest microbrewed ales and lagers, including the famous Ubu Ale, and traditional pub fare sure to please everyone.
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Went for dinner on a monday night. We were visiting from Boston and were staying next door at the Club Lodges. My wife ordered the beer sampler and I had the german maibock. It was unbelievable. The kids ordered the cheeseburger sliders, wife ordered the mushroom swiss burger, and I ordered the "Schultzy" burger. It was a burger with bacon, cheese, lettuce, and tomato. All were pretty good. The staff was friendly. My only complaint would be the appetizer we ordered. Soft pretzels. In my experience, especially at a Pub/Brewery, the pretzels are homemade. Or at least jumbo-sized. What we were served were two rinky-dink pretzels that you buy frozen in a box at Costco or Sam's Club. That was a pretty big disappointment. You gotta do better than that!!! Especially at a beer brewery!! Seriously though, everything else was real good and I would recommend a stop here even if you just want a beer or two. I bought a growler of the '46 er Ale and it was fantastic. I wish I could get their brews where I live.

There are newer reviews for Lake Placid Pub & Brewery

Reviewed 7 May 2014

The pub is an awesome stop for me when I'm needing some lunch on the way through placid. Food is always good and the service is top notch. Not to mention they have put out some of the best brews around

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Good pub food and great local brew. Can purchase jugs of craft beer on-site. Multiple floors with different settings. Nachos are filling. Ubu flavored wings are delicious and pack some heat.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We ate here for the first time visiting Lake Placid. Food was great, atmosphere was good and beer was great.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Easy walk into town from our hotel. Had lunch and some beer flights. Beer was good, not great -- but we like to travel around and try different breweries so the experience itself was fun for us. The food was actually quite good, and other meals we saw come out of the kitchen also looked great. You could easily eat dinner here, too. The menu is huge and includes something for everyone. Perfect for a group of adults and also families with kids. Service was okay; the food service was extremely slow (it took forever to get our meals) but when it arrived it was hot and fresh -- it didn't seem like it was sitting around or put together in a rush. Perfect way to spend a rainy day in Lake Placid, I would think (we had good weather, luckily, but if we didn't on a future trip we would make the most of it at the brewery).