“rcg feast of trbernacles”
Review of High Peaks Resort

High Peaks Resort
Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Lake Placid
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I was staying at your hotel for 10 days and everything was just great from the view in my room (219) to the helpfulness of the staff and the upkeep of my room..Your staff and the beauty of the area makes this a stay that I will remember all my life.I hope to return next year and will stay in your wonderful hotel ansd will request the same room..hope to see you then ..Mr Bledsoe

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for High Peaks Resort

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Very nice hotel with excellent customer service at the front desk. Great proximity to Main Street in Lake Placid. We paid a little extra to have a view of Mirror Lake, 3rd floor. The common area is really nice, there was a fireplace and very comfortable seating. The hotel had a few different ways to access the outdoors which we thought was convenient. The bathroom we thought could have used a little more attention to detail for the price we paid to stay there. We noticed mold growing on the stone in the shower as well as the shower handle, otherwise would have been 5 stars.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Stayed three nights, was in a great location a the end of Main Street. It was really nice not to have to drive/park when using Main Street.

The rooms were updated, large, clean, and the staff was great. The higher floor you get, the better the view of Mirror Lake. It appeared that each room had a step out balcony.

They are connected with the Dancing Bear Restaurant, which is a "sports pub". If you want fine dinning go elsewhere, but we enjoyed it. Watched some Saturday football, and had a few beers. We had no problem with the food, noise, or service.

Great place to stay at the main lodge.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Great hotel with fine accomodations right downtown and easy walking distance. We would take a pass on dining/eating in the Dancing Bears restaurant on the main floor. Some what of a pub style, terrible food and service. Noisy. I think they prefer catering to the loud crowd.

Rack of ribs was so large two slabs of pork that must of come from a large old sow drowned in BBQ sauce sitting on top of fries. Had to ask 3 times for the cole slaw. Left 90% of it.

My wife had trout drowned in oil. No need to ruin a great fish.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kersh3334
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We're arrived in Lake Placid in a very raining day, but once inside the reception the waiter make me happy with his fine smile.
We're checked in a fantastic suite room with a over king size bed, a microwave oven, a freezing machine, a fantastic and large sofa, a very convenient chaise-longue....wow
I havenr seen a bathroom like this in a house and not even in a hotel, with a large shower, two sinks, a jacuzzi service and a tv hanging on the wall over the wc.
Everythong was perfect even the guy who turned off the fire alarm that i had made from doing some popcorn.
I have a beautiful memory of this little paradise.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 24 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our weekend getaway. We did book a lakeside room. Outside the room were rose petals on the ground to give you the romantic feeling.

The room was almost perfect, very spacious bed was comfortable, the bathroom was big with a separate stand up shower and a large jacuzzi tub. It was really a beautiful room with breath taking views and perfect for a romantic getaway. The only thing I didn't like about our room was the toilet was really loud when filling up and took forever to fill up.

Check in was easy and although we were really early luckily enough our room was ready for us.

There are some pros and cons to having the lakeside view rooms.

Pros: Better view, quieter, more romantic.

Cons: If you want to go to the indoor pool it's in the main building, which isn't too much of a problem because the day we went it wasn't too cold out but I could see this being an issue if we brought the kids and/or if it was cold out.

No coffee service, or morning paper. I was actually a little surprised about this. I am an early bird and usually wake up super early. I would have loved to grab the paper and read it on the chairs outside looking the lake. There are coffee makers in the room but my husband didn't like the wolf gang puck coffee and I don't drink coffee (there wasn't a tea selection either). Given that you have to have a key to get into the building it would be a great idea to have a small spot down there where the daily paper is delivered and maybe some other tourist magazines are with fresh coffee/tea and maybe some bagels or donuts for those of us that are staying down there.

Another recommendation would also be fire pits. Since we visited in September at night it got a little chilly, I nice outdoor fire pit would have taken some of the chill away and added to the ambiance a lot.

All in all we were very happy with our stay and would recommend staying here, I just think the place needs a few improvements to really make it stand out from a regular hotel. I would also encourage the front desk to be more chatty... the individual who checked us in didn't really tell us about any of the extras that the hotel offers or anything around town. I really like it when I check into a place and they are enthused that you are there and want to tell you all about the hotel and the town. It really helps set the tone for the weekend for me.

3  Thank kbz2002
Reviewed 22 September 2013

While AAA rates this hotel as three stars, my first impression was that this might be the same quality as a four star resort. My room at this hotel was exceptionally well decorated, the bathroom was spacious and had a separate tub and extra large shower. But, during our four night stay, we discovered the room had some maintenance flaws, the faucet in sink made it almost impossible to wash your face, and daily maid service was spotty and inconsistent. Also, the food quality at breakfast was good but could be better. The restaurant felt more like a upscale coffee shop. All these things could be easily fixed and doing so would move the High Peaks closer to a four star AAA rating.

1  Thank RiversideBob
HighPeaksResort, General Manager at High Peaks Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Dear RiversideBob:
Thank you for your wonderful comments. We appreciate your feedback on the concerns you had and will review with the appropriate departments. Hope to have you back again in the future.
Bob Trotter