“Newly Renovated, Beautiful Hotel”
Review of High Peaks Resort

High Peaks Resort
Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Lake Placid
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Stayed here with my boyfriend in Sept 2013 as a pitstop before we headed up to Montreal. This room was gorgeous! Had a giant shower, huge bedroom with "L" shaped couch, and balcony that overlooked the lake. We only stayed here for one night but we had a great experience. There's also a parking garage that connects to the hotel. It's located right by the main street with all the shops and restaurants. The hotel restaurant "Dancing Bears" was lively but we did not stop and eat there. We heard it was a great place though.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for High Peaks Resort

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Came to lake Placid for leaf peeping and Octoberfest. Excellent view from room and friendly staff, reservations worked hard to get me the room I wanted. This is the 4th stay @ The High Peaks and will be back again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

Everything was just great
The accomodation, the staff, the feeling. Absolutly a place ti stay next time.
We came to selebrate our honeymoon. Originaly we ordered just one night in order to keep going on the next day.
Because of all the above, we decided to extend our stay.
Of course we enjoyed very much.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We were traveling with a group of people so we got to see some of the different rooms that this place has to offer. High Peaks Resort actually has three different buildings and the room quality varies greatly. The waterfont rooms are spacious and large. We stayed in their Lakeview Motor Inn and the building was dated, the room was small, the bath was even smaller and the sleep quality of the bed was not the greatest. The room was far from a spacious over-sized room with double queen beds as indicated on their website. Plus the room rate was very expensive for what we got for our money. The lobby/reception area of the main building is nice and they have a central fireplace plus a small bar. There are some chairs on either side of the fireplace and a large TV close to the bar. The hotel staff really went out of their way and made a very special effort to make our event most memorable. The hotel location was very good. I have stayed in a lot of hotels that were a lot nicer than the High Peaks Resort's Lakeview Motor Inn but the staff is excellent.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I booked a king room for a romantic evening. We get to the room on the second floor and the view is the back of the other part of the hotel. There are beautiful mountains and a gorgeous lake but our view was the building. We close the curtains and go out to see the sites and have dinner. We get back later that night and I notice that there is blood on one of the pillow cases, I look closer and there is hair. I turn down the sheets and they are not clean. It is late and we don't fool around with housekeeping, who has probably left. My husband goes to the car gets a blanket and we sleep in it. I emailed the hotel the next day, and have yet to get a response from them.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Likestotravel1960
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We like this hotel, it is centrally located on the main corners of town with free access to the boats (ocean kayaks, paddleboats, rowboat - no canoe). The tough thing is choosing a room. I would imagine your experience changes based on the various room locations which I will try to explain as best I can. There are 3 buildings: the main building, the lake shore building and the lake building. We chose the main building. Our room has a lovely hotel with an cool rock lined shower and 2 shower heads. The door to the bath is a bit odd, a slider which blocks the closet door, but no biggie. It is a bit on the small side for our family of four, but not too small. We have a lovely balcony, big enough for a couple and our kids floating around. If you look straight out, you see the pool but this hall is set well where if you look to the right, you have a lovely view (which you can see comfortably from your balcony seats) of the lake and mountains. We are on 3rd floor. The main building has a smallish but adequate indoor pool for kids (not for laps) a hot tub - on 4th floor. There is also a good -sized outdoor pool. I understand that the lakeview building also has an indoor pool but the lakefront building has only and outdoor pool and, of course, the lake access for swimming and boating (which is open to all). Beds were good, mattresses had some odd spots where the edges were starting to fail but still fairly comfortable. It is clean and very nice upscale feel to it. Nice lobby with a great fireplace. I would recommend this hotel, if you are looking to be in the middle of it all and don't have to have a perfect view room because they can't guarantee it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Laenee
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I was staying at your hotel for 10 days and everything was just great from the view in my room (219) to the helpfulness of the staff and the upkeep of my room..Your staff and the beauty of the area makes this a stay that I will remember all my life.I hope to return next year and will stay in your wonderful hotel ansd will request the same room..hope to see you then ..Mr Bledsoe

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends