“I loved staying at High Peaks Resort in Lake Placid” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of High Peaks Resort

High Peaks Resort
Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Lake Placid
Aspen, Colorado
“I loved staying at High Peaks Resort in Lake Placid”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Even though I loved the location of the resort, and I loved the comfort and cleanliness of the rooms, and I loved the buzzing restaurant with great menu and good food, the thing I loved the most about staying here was the amazing service and joyfulness of the staff; and how they took such great care of me, and that they were concerned and committed to my needs.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Hebrew first
Kirkland, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

Stayed 2 nights and enjoyed ourselves. Nice rooms, great location, good service from all the staff, and had a nice time in the Dancing Bears downstairs.

Perfect location for walking the main street, or Saranac avenue and close to everything really that LP has to offer.

I have nothing bad to say about this hotel.

2 Thank Croushay
HighPeaksResort, General Manager at High Peaks Resort, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Dear Gordon C,

Thank you for taking the time to describe your stay at High Peaks Resort. I look forward to sharing your comments with the entire staff. We all take great pride in providing excellent service, and it is inspiring to our team to read about our guests' positive experiences.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort during the summer season.

With kind regards,

Saratoga Springs, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

Check your sheets, they only wash them every 3 days unless u tell them too..It is basically a way to save energy...so they say. Upon waking up the in morning my wife noticed a wash cloth in the bed and discovered a blood stained top sheet..She then thought it was her, but no it wasn't ,the sheets were never changed...My wife contacted the hotel staff and she was told we could have free breakfast...What the heck.... So I called asked for manager ,and was told doesn't get here until 9am.Houskeeping manager arrived and took pitcure and apologized said the could move us to another room..I said this is a F******* Biohazard and we are leaving ....After tallking with the general manager we were offered a upgraded room on lake and free breakfast....The general manager was very apologetic and also gave us a free night...
Remember check you sheets ..I really didn't want to write this reveiw but feel like I should make people aware....Also no soundproofong in walls or doors youcan here ever

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Edwin B
Dear Edwin B,

Thank you for the review describing your stay, and for taking the time to talk with me at the hotel before your departure.
As we discussed, I am extremely disturbed by your discovery, and am reviewing our housekeeping inspection process, as such oversights are unacceptable.
I apologize for your experience, and hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future to create a memory that is consistent with our efforts to delight each of our guests.
With kind regards,

Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

I booked this as part of the Groupon deal, so the value was excellent but even at the regular price it would be worth it. The room was good size, and very nicely renovated. The shower was by far the best hotel shower I've ever been in. The view was wonderful. Every room has a balcony with chairs overlooking the pool/lake in the distance. It's right on main st so we could easily walk to the shops and restaurants. The kids enjoyed the indoor pool and there were plenty of towels there. I've been to other indoor hotel pools which had a funky smell but this one didn't. Beds were very comfortable, room was very clean. The only complaint I might have had was that I specifically booked a superior view main hotel room and was initially put in a lake view room across the street. however, it was fixed quickly by the very friendly staff member and we were assigned our room in the main hotel. For us, we knew we wanted to use the indoor pool and going outside between buildings in the cold wasn't going to work. The view over there looked even better though, so maybe for the next trip we might look into those rooms. Either way, I'll stay here next time I'm in Lake Placid.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank scrapchick256
Plattsburgh, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

This hotel/resort is amazing. The facility is in an ideal location with both beautiful meeting and guest rooms. Their staff from event coordination (6 months ago) to the final guest checkout were AWESOME. The friendliest and accommodating staff I have ever worked with including and especially Sales Manager, Sarah Wheeler; Sales Coordinator, Jennifer Riley; J P Galli, Director of Sales; and Front Desk Manager, Alex Jurado. Our Conference had attendees travelled from NYC, Buffalo region, Albany region as well as within the Adorondack area. All of them readily agreed the resort accommodations, fabulous Dancing Bears restaurant, the easy access to local shops, the staff and the wonderful views would bring them back again.

I highly recommend this resort for everything from a weekend get-away to any event/conference. I, definitely, plan to return.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HighPeaksResort, Director of Sales at High Peaks Resort, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear JudyWalterLefebvre
Thank you for your wonderful review and recommendation! Our staff takes pride in what they do and I’m so glad to hear it also made a difference in your stay with us. We will be sure to share your kinds words with our staff as it is important to us to make sure each guest enjoys their stay, whether for a group conference or a weekend get-away. We are also happy to hear you enjoyed the wonderful views from our well-appointed guest rooms, as well as the convenience of our location to area shops and restaurants. We certainly appreciate your business and look forward to your return stay in the future!

J.P. Galli, Director of Sales
Sarah Wheeler, Group Sales Manager
Watertown, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

We just stayed at the high Peaks Resort in Lake Placid duing the past week. The accomodations are superb! Everthing is so clean and comfortable! There is not a room which faces the lake that does not have a beautiful view of the Adirondacks! The food in the Dancing Bears Restaurant is delicious - especially breakfast! The staff is very friendly and goes out of their way to make your stay perfect!! I would highly recommend this resort to anyone looking for al the amenities and comfort of a vacation in the welcoming style of the Adirondacks!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank jonuggie
HighPeaksResort, General Manager at High Peaks Resort, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear “jonuggie,”

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at High Peaks Resort on TripAdvisor.
We care deeply about each review, and enjoy sharing the reviews with our team – your review is particularly inspiring to
Our Housekeeping team and The Dancing Bears team.
We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

With best wishes for a wonderful spring and summer,
General Manager.
Wellesley, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

We booked this hotel for a ski getaway. We were fortunate to have lake side accommodation.
The only disadvantage in the winter is that you have to go outside across the street if you want to use the indoor pool. The room was clean and spacious. WiFi signal was not real strong so I had to reconnect a number of times in a session.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple