“great sandwiches”

Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: We believe in using the freshest ingredients, local when possible, always sustainable. We never use any additives, preservatives or saturated fats in the preparation of our food. We follow three steps for good eating: great ingredients, wonderful preparation & beautiful presentation. -Eat-in or take-out, Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner -Homemade breads, soups & salads -Specialty meats, seafood and cheeses -Catering for 2-200. -Special Occasion Cakes & Special Desserts -World Famous ½# Cookies. -Gift Baskets. -Private Chef Services. -Special Food Considerations Accommodated – Gluten Free, Vegan/ Vegetarian, Allergies & other Dietary Restrictions Simply Gourmet Family of Restaurants Includes, Big Mountain Deli, the 'Dack SHACK, and Base Camp Cafe! All brought to you by Chef Susan Delucia!
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This is a terrific place to grab sandwiches on your way to a hike or an outing. The sandwich menu is extensive and they will modify to your tastes.

There are newer reviews for Simply Gourmet

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Sandwiches - Unbelievable and very creative
Crepes - YUMMY, YUMMY, YUMMY
Customer Service - Excellent
Always crowded and busy so I advise getting the menu and ordering for take out!!!! Do not miss eating here!!!!

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Simply Gourmet is our first stop when we visit Lake Placid. The menu features 46 different sandwiches, representing the 46 high peaks of the Adirondacks, plus you can design your own. I never made it past the very first sandwich on the list, the Marcy: roast turkey, cranberry horseradish sauce, cheddar, apple and cracked pepper mayo. They had me at cranberry horseradish mayo!. The nice young lady behind the counter recommended the caramelized onion bun as the bread, and she was oh so right.

Our order was served to us quickly and the sandwiches were exactly as described and very hearty. I was so focused on devouring every last morsel of my sandwich that I paid little attention to what my husband and son ordered, but they both liked their choices. I wanted to return for lunch the next day but my husband insisted that we not eat twice at the same place...and guess what? The lunch we had over in Saranac Lake was incredibly disappointing.

Simply Gourmet is always delicious and we look forward to eating there every time we visit Lake Placid. Someday I might actually order a different sandwich on the menu!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We have stopped here several times for sandwiches and they all have been good. If you can't find something here that you like I don't know where you can. We always get them to go so I can't comment on the wait staff. Never disappointed with the food.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Went to this spot one time. The sandwich was average, cost a lot, and the staff did me a big favor giving me a cup for water. Please...customer service goes a long way to get people to come back.