“Great Place”
Review of Lake House

Lake House
Ranked #7 of 32 Hotels in Lake Placid
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Last week was our 1st stay at the Lake House and it won't be the last. Great location very nicely renovated. Modern Adirondack. Love the "family room " with comfy couches, huge windows over looking the lake. I love that they have board games for families to enjoy after a full day of the outdoors. Great place for families.
My husband and I have stayed many times at the main HIGH PEAKS RESORT across the road, which is their more luxurious building. The lake house is reasonable priced and great for families.
Their staff is very friendly and helpfull.
John at the front desk(awesome table) is an amazing young man who treated us like family.
My two teen boys can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Main floor rooms have a balcony with Great Lake view. Ground floor rooms great if you bring your dog...
2  Thank joanneHudsonQuebec

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Simplicity and price of staying in a motel when in fact your are sleeping in a newly renovated hotel room. Great price, friendly staff and perfect location. Lake House is 20 steps away from downtown and the millions restaurants/bars and boutiques.

Would I recommend to a friend and my family..... Definetely !

Room Tip: They offer differents discount of which you may qualify. Room newly renovated.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gui187
HighPeaksResort, General Manager at Lake House, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Gui,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the newly renovated Lake House on Tripadvisor.

We think we've got a great hotel as well, and are thrilled that you found the staff, location, and value to be exceptional. I'll be sure to share your comments with our Lake House Hosts- - Lauren, Nichole, and John.

We all look forward to your next visit, and are here to help you make the most of it!

All the best,
Matthew.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Stayed there for 6 nights in early July. Highly recommend it.....loved everything about it. Great location, clean, trendy and awesome view, will stay there again in the future and will recommend to friends when travelling

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EmmaWabush

Dear Emma,

Thank you for your great review of your experience at Lake House! We're thrilled with the outcome of the renovation of this great Lake Placid classic - and your positive response to the fun decoration and the incredible reviews are exactly what we hope every guest experiences.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon - and sharing Lake House with you during the fall or winter.

Please let us know if we can help organize your next stay!

All the best,
Matthew.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Spacious rooms, excellent view from your patio or balcony and you can use all the amenities from the High Peaks resort. There is an indoor pool and hot tub right in the Lake house and you can use the fitness room in the main building just across the road. Lots of amenities here.
We have stayed here many times over the years; problems have been few and they have been attended to promptly. The only downfall is that you have to pay extra for a microwave and refrigerator if you want one in the room.

Room Tip: The banquet hall can get noisy - it's on the south side.
2  Thank Mike C
HighPeaksResort, General Manager at Lake House, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Mike,

Thank you so much for your kind review of Lake House. We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you also for your suggestion about the microwave - we have levied a small charge for use of a microwave, which I am presently reviewing. However, you should not have been charged for a refrigerator, as we happily provide them on a first-come basis.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Lake House very soon, and I look forward to sharing your review with our whole crew!

I hope you have a wonderful summer.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 23 July 2014

My family stayed at the Lake House and attended a wedding reception in the main building. Check-in was a bit confusing as I was unsure that I could actually check in at the Lake House building. There was a table in the lobby with a laptop on it. A sign would be helpful. Our room was clean. Both the beach and outdoor pool were great and my family enjoyed. A refrigerator in the room would be a nice especially for families. I also think that the hotel should try and do a bit of recycling. Containers for plastic and glass bottles could be placed by vending to encourage this.

2  Thank linda48886
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

The lake house was the perfect place for my family and dog. The rooms were spacious and stylish. We were on the lower floor which was ideal for having a dog. There is a back door in the room so you can easily walk the dog or just sit outside and stare at the beautiful mountainous/lake view. We didn't have to use our car to walk to the stores and restaurants. The lake house is a perfect location and perfectly functional. We will definitely be visiting again. My only negative was that the bathroom wasn't cleaned very well.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank cicasali1
HighPeaksResort, General Manager at Lake House, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and thoughts about Lake House! We are also very excited about the stylish renovation, and are happy to hear and share that excitement shared by our guests.

I will be reviewing your comments with our housekeeping department.

We look forward to welcoming your whole family back to lake house in the very near future.
Please don't hesitate to reach out to me if I can help organize your next stay.

With kindest regards,

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I would have to classify the Lake House as the unwanted step child of the High Peaks Resort. It is located across the street from the higher end High Peaks but unless you know the two places are one business, you do not know where to check in. It looks like the Lake House was another hotel at one point and they bought it and included it into the High Peaks. So unless you are aware of the check in process being across the street, you will be walking around looking for a lobby. The place is clean but was recently painted and the smells are so strong that it could make some people sick if they do not like paint smells. The gray and red paint scheme is really out of place and makes the rooms look dark and uninviting. The front desk clerk was efficient but not very friendly. She checked me in very quickly but seemed like I was more of a bother to her than being a guest. The way she talked to the two other employees was not very nice either. I do not remember her name but her tag did say Front Desk Supervisor so that was disappointing to see. She is not a woman I would feel comfortable working for at all. One of the exit doors in the Lake House is labeled Exit but when you open the door the emergency bell sounds. Probably would help to have that marked as an emergency exit instead of just a normal exit. The room I had has new furniture and television but the signal on the tv kept going in and out. The wifi was spotty at best. The Dancing Bears restaurant is great and has great service though. Prices are a bit high there but welcome to tourist town USA. If they would just retrain the staff a bit out being friendly and updated the weird paint scheme and lowered the price a bit, it would be a decent place to stay. The High Peaks across the street has much nicer rooms and higher prices so I think they just got stuck with this property and did not know what exactly to do with it. Parking seems to be an issue too. It filled up pretty quick and then people just parked wherever they were able to fit their vehicles. They also allow pets and the barking can be heard through the walls if the dog decides he wants to be loud. Every time someone shuts a door on either side of your room, you will hear it and feel it. The location is great though because once you check in, you will be able to walk to pretty much everything in town.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your candid review of Lake House. We are all very excited and proud of the renovation completed in June, and I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the location and Dancing Bears.

I am sorry to hear that you found the reception to be below expectations - and I will be following up with the team to ensure that every interaction is thoughtful, friendly, and warm. The arrival process is very important, and I will review our direction for check-in.

The Lake House design has been very well-received, and I understand that tastes vary. The overall design is intended to keep the focus on the views and beauty of the outdoors. I am disappointed that you encountered residual paint smells, and apologize for that.

I would welcome a conversation with you to resolve your dissatisfaction. Please feel free to contact me at the resort.

With kind regards,