THE WORST LAKE PLACID RENTAL EXPERIENCE EVER! We were promised a non-smoking apartment with one queen bed and 2 full beds. In reality, the place reeked of cigarettes; we had to sleep with windows open despite -10 degrees F outside. Instead of 2 separate beds, the second bedroom had a single queen-size bed, and two people were forced to reluctantly share it. Microwave was broken. Kitchen did not have pans or cups/mugs. On New Years eve, half of the kitchen, including a dishwasher, lost power for good. The dishwater started leaking water on the floor. All attempts to get in touch with the owner ended up with us leaving messages on his answering machine, and none of them were ever returned. We asked the owner for a refund which he refused. Stated that is we had informed him earlier, he would have made our stay pleasant. Somehow, I hardly believe that even if we did manage to get in touch with him at 10 pm on 12/29/2017 (when we arrived), he would have manage to get rid off the cigarette stench or chain-saw the queen bed into two smaller ones.
To summarize: AVOID AT ALL COSTS! The place stinks - literally and figuratively!