“Good room for the price”

Town and Country Motor Inn
Ranked #21 of 31 Hotels in Lake Placid
Blackwood, New Jersey
“Good room for the price”
Reviewed 15 March 2011

It was clean and roomy, larger than a typical hotel chain room. The lady at the front desk was very nice a accommodating. The rooms are a little dated. Overall a very good experience.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Potsdam, New York
Reviewed 27 February 2011

We stayed for 2 nights in February. Usually I have a difficult time sleeping on the road but not at this place. It was one of the best places I have ever stayed at in Lake Placid. The beds are excellent as well as clean. The room was spotless. The owners were very friendly and very accomodating. When we travel to Lake Placid from now on this will be our place to stay. Maybe next time we will try the honeymoon suite.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
rockaway nj
Reviewed 17 November 2010

My family tried to make reservation over the phone for upcoming holiday. Owner was rude and hung up on me. Unprofessional and disgusting.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
8 Thank alexicek

Travellers are raving about these Lake Placid hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed 21 September 2010

I regularly make my way up to Lake Placid in summer and winter, Town and Country Motor Inn is one of my favorite places to stay. The first time I walked into the office I was greeted by a really silky black cat sitting in one of the armchairs, she looked fat and happy. The rooms are nice, clean and reasonably priced. There's free wi-fi (just ask at the desk for a password) an outdoor pool, BBQ area, a work-shop for tuning your skis in the winter and bike in the summer. The owners know a lot about the area and are happy to suggest an activity or sight to see. The property is right by Lake Placid itself, you can walk over to the peninsula and go swimming by the dam. Or you can go to the beach on Mirror Lake, just past Main Street, about a ten minute walk. They also have bikes you can borrow.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
Cornwall, Canada
Reviewed 3 September 2010

My wife and visited Lake Placid recently. I called from my home and booked a room. The person on the other end of the phone was nice enough but upon arrival I discovered that I had booked at the wrong place. I was supposed to book at the Town Lodge just up the street. I indicated this to the lady owner was not happy and got somewhat upset. I can understand her point but she really took a twist when she noticed my wife was using the ladies room which is located next to the front desk. I mean she had to go that's it. Anyway the owner was not happy. I kind of got a bad taste in my mouth is you know what I mean. I had booked two nights and changed to one night. The room was spacious and very clean. The bathroom was spotless. There is a nice pool. The only bad thing was the noise from the heavy trucks. Our room was facing the street. Parking is good and your close to the main street in Lake Placid. The owner was not happy when we arrived before 2p.m. . Personally I would not go back because of the owner. She's just not nice. I would not want to asked for to much with her. I could lose my head.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Happytwosome60
New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 August 2010

i really recomend this place if you visit lake placid,ny.the facility operated by very nice family,very generous and considered in service,and excellent knowledge about the area.
the amenities in the facility are very nice and well maintain.room cleanliness is verry good,everything works in order in the room. The value of the price is good,location is excellent. just steps away from mc donald and very short drive the center of the town.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 8 July 2010

Having been to Lake Placid numerous times over the last few years, I can easily say that this is my favorite place to stay there. The rooms are super clean and comfy, and we usually stay in the one with the kitchenette so that we might have an option of cooking for ourselves. In the Summer, they have an outdoor pool and a workshop area, if you need to check or adjust your bike. The hotel is right outside the center of town, and across the street from a beautiful lake. Most of the rooms have original pieces of art in them, which adds to the cool vibe of the place. The owners are knowledgeable and helpful with information about activities around the area, regardless of the season, but are really bike and ski enthusiasts, and that's where their advice is most valuable.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple