“nice cats. nice people.”

Town and Country Motor Inn
Ranked #21 of 31 Hotels in Lake Placid
Reviewed 21 September 2010

I regularly make my way up to Lake Placid in summer and winter, Town and Country Motor Inn is one of my favorite places to stay. The first time I walked into the office I was greeted by a really silky black cat sitting in one of the armchairs, she looked fat and happy. The rooms are nice, clean and reasonably priced. There's free wi-fi (just ask at the desk for a password) an outdoor pool, BBQ area, a work-shop for tuning your skis in the winter and bike in the summer. The owners know a lot about the area and are happy to suggest an activity or sight to see. The property is right by Lake Placid itself, you can walk over to the peninsula and go swimming by the dam. Or you can go to the beach on Mirror Lake, just past Main Street, about a ten minute walk. They also have bikes you can borrow.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 3 September 2010

My wife and visited Lake Placid recently. I called from my home and booked a room. The person on the other end of the phone was nice enough but upon arrival I discovered that I had booked at the wrong place. I was supposed to book at the Town Lodge just up the street. I indicated this to the lady owner was not happy and got somewhat upset. I can understand her point but she really took a twist when she noticed my wife was using the ladies room which is located next to the front desk. I mean she had to go that's it. Anyway the owner was not happy. I kind of got a bad taste in my mouth is you know what I mean. I had booked two nights and changed to one night. The room was spacious and very clean. The bathroom was spotless. There is a nice pool. The only bad thing was the noise from the heavy trucks. Our room was facing the street. Parking is good and your close to the main street in Lake Placid. The owner was not happy when we arrived before 2p.m. . Personally I would not go back because of the owner. She's just not nice. I would not want to asked for to much with her. I could lose my head.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Happytwosome60
Reviewed 24 August 2010

i really recomend this place if you visit lake placid,ny.the facility operated by very nice family,very generous and considered in service,and excellent knowledge about the area.
the amenities in the facility are very nice and well maintain.room cleanliness is verry good,everything works in order in the room. The value of the price is good,location is excellent. just steps away from mc donald and very short drive the center of the town.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2010

Having been to Lake Placid numerous times over the last few years, I can easily say that this is my favorite place to stay there. The rooms are super clean and comfy, and we usually stay in the one with the kitchenette so that we might have an option of cooking for ourselves. In the Summer, they have an outdoor pool and a workshop area, if you need to check or adjust your bike. The hotel is right outside the center of town, and across the street from a beautiful lake. Most of the rooms have original pieces of art in them, which adds to the cool vibe of the place. The owners are knowledgeable and helpful with information about activities around the area, regardless of the season, but are really bike and ski enthusiasts, and that's where their advice is most valuable.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2010

Just came back from a fantastic, snowboarding weekend in Lake Placid and spent two nights at the Town and Country Motor Inn. What I liked - very clean (I mean - spotless), affordable, comfortable rooms. I guess the fact that this place stays busy says it all (I was glad I booked in advance). Close to town center and grocery stores, generally many activities, restaurants etc. are available in the area. Will definitely come back, hopefully soon!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2007

I asked the female owner to see a room on the top floor. She seemed angry but reluctantly got her keys and started to show me a room on the ground floor. I again asked for the top floor. She showed me a top floor room right by the noisy main road, so I asked if she had another quieter room. She said she had and when I asked to see it she said "No you can only see one room" immediately turned her back on me and walked away. I have never felt so unwelcome and was totally at a loss as to why she took this attitude with me. Needless to say I didn't stay at the motel and would not recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
4  Thank rightmonkey
Reviewed 28 March 2007

This is our favorite place to stay in Lake Placid. The motel is within walking distance to town, the prices are reasonable, and the owners are wonderful people. Highly recommend this as an economical motel in the area.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled as a couple