“Time to renovate”
Review of Maple Leaf Inn

Maple Leaf Inn
Ranked #14 of 31 Hotels in Lake Placid
Reviewed 6 November 2012

We have stayed here a few times. Inexpensive and the staff are friendly. My only comment would be that the place needs a good renovation to keep up with other places near by. If you look at the pool area, bathrooms and even the roof...this place needs investment. We have been going for about 7 years now and nothing ever changes. C'mon Rod, put some money into this place.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
shopgirlbarbie, Owner at Maple Leaf Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2013

Thanks for staying with us again. I am a little hurt you have not noticed we have put over
100,000 into our rooms and facility. Most rooms have new carpet ,tile,wallpaper, mattresses
and TV's. Our pool area has a new liner,heaters, pump and furniture over $10,000 in upgrades.
The building with the office and a couple of our suites has brand new siding and windows.
We continue to invest and improve as we are able to. We are not a large chain with a big
budget for improvements, but we work hard and invest as much as we can. Thanks for your
comments.
Rod (Owner)

Reviewed 30 September 2012

5 minute walk to town.....quiet....super clean...perfect. Rod the owner was nice and helpful...got me a microwave when I mentioned it....typical room....but they have efficiency rooms and suites and a gorgeous jacuzzi tub suite with a kitchen.....restaurant right next door....I didn't eat there but will next time...nicely manicured grounds and nice pool area....picnic tables and green space at the rear of the property...I will never stay anywhere else....can't wait to go back...I would give it more than 5 stars if I could

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 August 2012

I booked based on reviews I read. It exceeded our expectations. I was there with my son and his team mate. We were looking for a relaxing place after and between the games. It was in a great location, I could walk to town and to mirror lake. Our room was spotless, and thoroughly cleaned every day. The grounds, flowers, pool were fantastic. Rod went out of his way to make sure we had everything we needed. He knew everything about the area, sent us to great restaurants and knew the schedules of the Olympic venues to hit. Don't miss wet Wednesday when the ski jumpers are jumping in pools. Barb volunteered to wash the boys uniforms for us. If you are looking for a nice relaxing stay, close to town, with two friendly owners (Rod and Barb) you have to stay at the Maple Leaf. I'll be back next year.

Scott from Kansas City

Room Tip: I liked staying in the building that was detached from the main building
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Scott P
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Have been to Lake Placid many times but this visit was at a busy time and most places we were familiar with were booked. Decided to try Maple Leaf Inn because the reviews sounded good. Room was clean enough and had a nice refrigerator. Rod (the manager, I think) was pleasant and was working hard to maintain the grounds--there were lovely flowers. But the place was a disappointment. The rooms are dated and the pool area was run down and in need of work. I did not like the parking. The spaces are horizontal to the building, so if there are cars in front of the other rooms you would have to parallel park to be in front of your room. The walls were quite thin, and my sleep was disturbed by voices of people talking and someone with a bad cough. We had a two night reservation but stayed only one. (We appreciated that Rod was willing and able to find someone to fill the room the second night.) We picked up a brochure of the Maple Leaf Inn at the Visitors Center which makes it look much better than it really is. If you are in Lake Placid for a hunting trip or a hiking trip and just need a room, it would be acceptable I suppose. But if you are planning an enjoyable visit to Lake Placid, this is not the place to stay. There are other places to stay that are much nicer at a comparable price.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank b0nniebh
shopgirlbarbie, Owner at Maple Leaf Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2012

We are a small Family run Business. Our great reviews are from
Satisfied customers. Some people believe that we are a 5 star
resort because of our excellent reviews. Sorry if this is misleading
but the reviews are from customers that are reviewing the property
from the tripadvisor review system. Is the room clean and confortable
at an affordable rate with great service? That is what tripadvisor is about,
Not how fancy or how many amennities a property has. We are a small
motel with very clean rooms at affordable rates with excellent service.
That goes a long way with most people that do not want to spend
2 to 3 times as much on a Hotel room, and would like the extra money to
do the many things Lake Placid has to offer. AAA has stated on our
yearly inspection that our housekeeping is exceptional. Our rooms
have new carpet, Wall paper, tile and brand new beds. Im sorry
we could not please this guest but the Maple Leaf is not for everyone.
If you are looking for the resort experience we are not for you. If you
would like a clean, comfortable room at a affordable rate with great
service. (Then) The Maple Leaf might be the option for you. We take great
pride in our facility. My wife and I do everything including the cleaning.
Thanks
Rod (Owner)

Reviewed 26 July 2012

While, certainly not luxurious, it was adequate, friendly, and definitely clean. Additionally, I was pleasantly surprised by how quiet Maple Leaf Inn was, especially considering its conveniently central location in Lake Placid.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Summerfog
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Room was small and very basic and had very thin walls. Our room was not in the main building, so maybe the main building is different. Our room was upstairs in the building on the side of the office.

Inexpensive though if you are on a budget, it was basically clean.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends

This Review is Puzzling. We have had no complaints and
Then 8 months go by and we receive a poor review from
someone claiming to have stayed with us in November
of 2011. Sorry we were not open in November of 2011.
Rod Owner

Reviewed 21 July 2012

Yet again The Maple Leaf inn has giving us another wonderful vacation in Lake Placid!
Rod and Barb are like members of our family!
They are warm, kind and they truly love running the inn.
They do all of the housekeeping, gardening and upkeep themselves.
We stayed the week leading up to the "Ironman" . The outdoor pool is always nice and warm!!
The rooms are SUPER clean and many times we would come back from breakfast and our room would be done!!
Once again they know what good serivce is!!! We will be back!!

Room Tip: Room 11 is there smallest room but good for a young married couple!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple