“Best value in Lake Placid”
Review of Maple Leaf Inn

Maple Leaf Inn
Ranked #15 of 31 Hotels in Lake Placid
“Best value in Lake Placid”
Reviewed 10 February 2013

My wife and I spent a weekend in Lake Placid to do some skiing and found the Maple Leaf Inn- we couldnt be more satisfied with our experience. Rod (the owner) was friendly, helpful, and informative on area restaurants and atteactions. The room was immaculate and inviting, and we got an incredible ski & stay package. The inn is by no means luxurious but we werent looking for luxury. Most importantly it was clean, centrally located, and the owners were great hosts. We will definitely return.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
new york
Reviewed 22 January 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed in the Jacuzzi suite at the Maple Leaf Inn (Jan 19-21). The entire experience was wonderful from reservation to check out. Our room was exceptionally clean, adorable in its furnishings, functional yet romantic. The couple that runs the Inn were exceedingly generous, friendly and helpful. They immediately softened my hard Manhattan demeanor upon entry into their winter wonderland. I recommend this Inn for anyone visiting lake placid. We will definitely return.

Stayed January 2013
Rugby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 January 2013

I came from UK to do some Ice Climbing in the Adirondacks in January. Needed somewhere clean and comfortable, with cooking facilities. Maple Leaf was one of the places recommended by my Ice Climbing Guide. It was very good for what I wanted.... clean, friendly, and no fuss...just left to get on with my stay of 5 days, after a very friendly introduction and welcome from the owners. Small kitchenette in a large room but big enough for what I needed. Looking at reviews for other places around the same price I think I picked the right one!

Room Tip: I opted for a kitchenette room which are more expensive and probably bigger.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Bear, Delaware, United States
Reviewed 13 January 2013

Very Clean room, good service, its a family owned business and the couple work hard to ensure their guests are comfortable. They clear the pathway and snow from our vehicle as well.
The place is very close to the town center and there are good resturants nearby.
This place however is old and needs renovation. The jaccuzi in our room gave us a lil trouble, we notified the owner and they fixed it immediately.
We will definately choose to stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed 13 January 2013

Hello, I wanted to ski the most challenging hill on the east coast so I picked Whiteface Mountian. The Winter Olymipcs were held there so it should be a challenge. Since I would drive five and a half hours to get there and I needed a place that I could stay that needed to be close to the ski area yet close to the town of Lake Placid so I could go see the town without driving anymore. I needed a reasonably priced place to stay. I called the hotel directly and spoke to a helpful young lady who told me whiteface was 15 minutes away and the town was within walking distance.
I secured my booking and drove up there to go skiing.
When I arrived the owner checked me in and gave me great information on what I could do during my short stay. He recommended that I Ice Skate on the outside Olympic Oval. It was open to the public from 7-9pm. Entry was 8 dollars- and skate rental was two dollars. I have watched many olympic speed skaters fly on that Ice it was very interesting to skate on it myself. The owner sold me a discount lift ticket to Whiteface Mountain. Saved me twenty bucks.
The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. I observed numerous places to get coffee and breakfast but I picked the McDonalds drive trough up the road to save time and get skiing early.

Room Tip: My room had a nice sized kitchen.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Jordan, New York, United States
Reviewed 6 January 2013

This is a fantastic place to stay if you know what to expect. You will find a super clean room with a great price. Rod called to check on us as we were a little later than expected and allowed my son, who was sick to stay past checkout time to rest!!! They treat you like family and you can't place a price on that. It doesn't have modern decor, but we don't need that. We have stayed at much more expensive places that were not as "nice". We much prefer the cleanliness to the fancy decor. If you want a nice place to stay at a great price, you will not be disappointed. I personally think the cleanliness is more important than a renovation.

It is close enough to town to walk or take the free shuttle. We had a fantastic weekend, aside from my son getting sick.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank countrydoc49
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 6 November 2012 via mobile

We have stayed here a few times. Inexpensive and the staff are friendly. My only comment would be that the place needs a good renovation to keep up with other places near by. If you look at the pool area, bathrooms and even the roof...this place needs investment. We have been going for about 7 years now and nothing ever changes. C'mon Rod, put some money into this place.

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
shopgirlbarbie, Owner at Maple Leaf Inn, responded to this review, 21 February 2013
Thanks for staying with us again. I am a little hurt you have not noticed we have put over
100,000 into our rooms and facility. Most rooms have new carpet ,tile,wallpaper, mattresses
and TV's. Our pool area has a new liner,heaters, pump and furniture over $10,000 in upgrades.
The building with the office and a couple of our suites has brand new siding and windows.
We continue to invest and improve as we are able to. We are not a large chain with a big
budget for improvements, but we work hard and invest as much as we can. Thanks for your
comments.