“Blast from the past”

Ranked #15 of 31 Hotels in Lake Placid
florida
“Blast from the past”
Reviewed 20 February 2013

I'm sorry but I think I could have found a more updated place to stay in Lake Placid for the kind of money we spent. The owner/operators are "VERY Nice". But the place is just old. Location was great.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
shopgirlbarbie, Owner at Maple Leaf Inn, responded to this review, 21 February 2013
We are a small Family run Business. We offer Clean comfortable accommodations at a affordable
price and great service. We offer some of the lowest rates in Lake Placid. If you are looking
for Fancy we are not it. If you would like a clean room at an affordable price with great service.
Give us a try. We continue to put money into our facility as money permits. Most of our rooms
have new carpet, wallpaper, tile, beds and TV"s. Most of our bathrooms in our standard rooms
have lime green tubs but are in very good shape. We would like to replace the tubs some time
in the future, but the cost is substantial just to change the color. Thanks for staying with us.
Rod (Owner)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed 10 February 2013

Stayed at the Maple Leaf Inn on a trip to ski Whiteface Mountain. The owners were great and very friendly! Rooms were VERY clean. Not far from the hill, and the owner actually told us to go to the hill and get a "rain check" for our second ski day as my other half got hurt. This saved us $170.00 for our next visit!
We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank YogaSoul
Reviewed 10 February 2013

My wife and I spent a weekend in Lake Placid to do some skiing and found the Maple Leaf Inn- we couldnt be more satisfied with our experience. Rod (the owner) was friendly, helpful, and informative on area restaurants and atteactions. The room was immaculate and inviting, and we got an incredible ski & stay package. The inn is by no means luxurious but we werent looking for luxury. Most importantly it was clean, centrally located, and the owners were great hosts. We will definitely return.

• Stayed February 2013
new york
Reviewed 22 January 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed in the Jacuzzi suite at the Maple Leaf Inn (Jan 19-21). The entire experience was wonderful from reservation to check out. Our room was exceptionally clean, adorable in its furnishings, functional yet romantic. The couple that runs the Inn were exceedingly generous, friendly and helpful. They immediately softened my hard Manhattan demeanor upon entry into their winter wonderland. I recommend this Inn for anyone visiting lake placid. We will definitely return.

Stayed January 2013
Rugby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 January 2013

I came from UK to do some Ice Climbing in the Adirondacks in January. Needed somewhere clean and comfortable, with cooking facilities. Maple Leaf was one of the places recommended by my Ice Climbing Guide. It was very good for what I wanted.... clean, friendly, and no fuss...just left to get on with my stay of 5 days, after a very friendly introduction and welcome from the owners. Small kitchenette in a large room but big enough for what I needed. Looking at reviews for other places around the same price I think I picked the right one!

Room Tip: I opted for a kitchenette room which are more expensive and probably bigger.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Bear, Delaware, United States
Reviewed 13 January 2013

Very Clean room, good service, its a family owned business and the couple work hard to ensure their guests are comfortable. They clear the pathway and snow from our vehicle as well.
The place is very close to the town center and there are good resturants nearby.
This place however is old and needs renovation. The jaccuzi in our room gave us a lil trouble, we notified the owner and they fixed it immediately.
We will definately choose to stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed 13 January 2013

Hello, I wanted to ski the most challenging hill on the east coast so I picked Whiteface Mountian. The Winter Olymipcs were held there so it should be a challenge. Since I would drive five and a half hours to get there and I needed a place that I could stay that needed to be close to the ski area yet close to the town of Lake Placid so I could go see the town without driving anymore. I needed a reasonably priced place to stay. I called the hotel directly and spoke to a helpful young lady who told me whiteface was 15 minutes away and the town was within walking distance.
I secured my booking and drove up there to go skiing.
When I arrived the owner checked me in and gave me great information on what I could do during my short stay. He recommended that I Ice Skate on the outside Olympic Oval. It was open to the public from 7-9pm. Entry was 8 dollars- and skate rental was two dollars. I have watched many olympic speed skaters fly on that Ice it was very interesting to skate on it myself. The owner sold me a discount lift ticket to Whiteface Mountain. Saved me twenty bucks.
The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. I observed numerous places to get coffee and breakfast but I picked the McDonalds drive trough up the road to save time and get skiing early.

Room Tip: My room had a nice sized kitchen.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo