“Nice Place to Stay”

Ranked #15 of 31 Hotels in Lake Placid
Toronto
“Nice Place to Stay”
Reviewed 4 July 2013

We went to Lake Placid with friends (7 of us). We booked 3 rooms. Main purpose of the trip was to hike the mountains, so we really just needed a place to sleep. Cleanliness is important to us, and Maple Leaf Inn delivered on that. It's not a fancy inn but everything works. AC works and it's quiet. WiFi works well with multiple access points. The owner is friendly and seems to be working the grounds all the time. The heated pool is great for relaxing after a long day of hiking.

Location of the inn is great! 2min walk to McDonald's. A short drive to Main street for all the restaurants and shops. Overall it's great value, good overall inn.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank yylover

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my boys in June. It is a family run hotel right across the street from Lake Placid and walking distance (10 mins) to all of the restaurants and stores on Main. It is not fancy, but if you want a clean, safe, inexpensive stay in Lake Placid- this place is perfect. They have a heated pool that was 85 degrees, grills, and a fire pit that you can use if you buy the wood down at the corner store. The owners were wonderful people, that get a lot of return customers. They even dropped us off in their truck for dinner one night! Anyway, we saw the reviews on TripAdvisor and decided to try it, and are glad we did. If you are looking for a nice Motor Inn, The Maple Leaf is a great place to stay.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Oswego, New York
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I stayed here with my brother on Sat March 16, 2013 when we went up to see the NCAA Hockey Championship game. We called up and ask the owner to save us a room if he had an opening. He did and we went. He had remembered my brother from the year before. My brother had a pleasing experience last year, so we wanted to go back this year. The place is located in a nice quiet setting with the rooms facing in on the property so there is no road noise or people walking by your windows from the street. Brand new carpet, furniture in the room is all in great shape, you can tell they keep things replaced and not simply patched up. Beds were comfortable and fairly new. We stayed in room 9 a double room. There is a fridge that is very clean and kept things very cold for us. Plenty of hot water. Most important was the cleaning people do an awesome job and there is no musty smells, or signs or age or rot like you can get in some northern NY resort town hotels. The rooms have electric heat so no loud blower kicking on all night or blowing stale air. I would highly recommend it and have actually. As a friend on mine asked if it was the kid of place that I would take a baby and I said definitely yes, it is that nice.
When you call you are dealing with the husband and wife ownership team. They live right there and they are very accommodating. They were very welcoming we discussed the town and places wew went to eat, the big game etc. Very personable. I will be back and hope this helps you feel right about staying there also. (Sorry photos have a flash issue and do not do justice)

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Robert M
Pequea Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 March 2013

Let me start by saying that this was the best place we ever stayed in Lake Placid. We had the two bedroom unit which worked out so great with our 5 year old who stayed independent in his own perfect room. This was the cleanest place I have EVER stayed, the owner was accommodating with any questions we had. It was just so wonderful I miss it already! Also the bath towels are the best smelling hotel towels I have EVER smelled. I would give this place 100 stars if I could.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ANNIE2808
Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 3 March 2013

After doing some research at tripadvisor I decided to get a room at the Maple Leaf Inn and was not at all disappointed. Rod is a very personable owner and he was most helpful in suggesting places to eat during my stay.

Please note that during weekdays the Maple Leaf Inn can save you money on ski passes at Whiteface Mountain and Gore Mountain so please take advantage of this is you can.

My room was ideal. This is a 60s or 70s era motel so take that into consideration but the room was immaculately clean. It has this small motel feel and Rod makes it more so.

The next day I was up at 7 AM and out the door before 8 and Rod was out shoveling and even cleaned my car off of snow. How great is that?

I really enjoyed my stay at the Maple Leaf Inn and recommend it. All the great reviews are well deserved.

As a side note I want to compliment the proprietor on the linens and the mattresses. A lot of "inexpensive" motels scrimp on this but at the Maple Leaf Inn the linens felt like top quality and the mattress I slept on was very comfortable.

Room Tip: Don't forget to ask for the better deals Rod can offer for skiing at Whiteface.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Eric E
Henrietta, New York
Reviewed 28 February 2013

We go to Lake Placid every December for a winter getaway, and every year we stay at the Maple Leaf. Over the years, we have stayed at just about every establishment in town, and the Maple Leaf is one of my favorites. In the wintertime it is quiet, peaceful, and relaxing. The jacuzzi room at the end of the main building is very comfortably furnished and feels more like staying at a favorite relative's house than a motel. When winter rolls around every year, I look forward to our quiet weekend at the Maple Leaf!

This is a family-owned and -run business and that really makes a difference...you can tell that the owners care about their place, and their guests. They have always been very friendly and helpful.

The motel is tucked well away from the hustle and bustle of Main Street, yet it's only an easy 10-15 minute walk away. The best of both worlds!

Room Tip: The jacuzzi room at the end of the row is our favorite. Quiet and peaceful in the wintertime!
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jlmr417
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 22 February 2013

Very, very, very dated motel. The room was clean, the owners were very helpful and accommodating and the location is within a 15minute walk to the main street and about a 15minute drive to the ski hill.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple