“Not deluxe, but great value”
Review of Maple Leaf Inn

Maple Leaf Inn
Ranked #15 of 31 Hotels in Lake Placid
Rochester, New York
“Not deluxe, but great value”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

My family (2 adults, one teenager, one preteen) stayed for two nights at this motel. I had read lots of reviews ahead of time and knew just what to expect. Is it fancy and plush? No, but then it doesn't pretend to be. It's a really good price (we've stayed in Lake Placid on four occasions before and we've priced many options).

We had a basic room (two doubles); it was very clean (except the mini refrigerator smelled when my daughter opened it, but we didn't plan to use it anyway). It's close to town (take the free shuttle to town) and it has an outdoor pool. I like supporting mom-and-pop places, and the owners were friendly and helpful. We all swam in the pool 2 or 3 times; it's heated and nice.

The room was unexceptional and the bathroom is quite small (no towel bars; one hook behind the door). But who wants to spend time in a motel room on a family vacation anyway? Let me emphasize again: if you know what to expect and are OK with older fixtures/furnishings, etc., this is a very nice place at a great price.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank bell914

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 9 August 2013

This motel was recommended on one of the motorcycle sites I visit as a good value and a decent place to stay, a recommendation I'm glad I found.

Check in was handled quickly and the owner gave us a quick but nice overview of where to find things in town, as well as a couple of dining recommendations.

Our room was a nice older motel room with some dated and mismatched fixtures but it was clean and well presented. The grounds looked nicely cared for and while I never used the pool it looked like a decent pool. Wifi worked well as well.

Overall it was a very positive stay and given it was high tourist season in a high demand area I felt it was a decent value.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Montreal
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Staying overnight in the King room, and right from check-in I knew it was true.
All the positive reviews here....no, they were not exaggerating and they weren't paid off either , other than in superior service. :)
I had two questions on my list when i checked in.. and the first they answered before I could ask! That was the WiFi password. My 2nd question was what time the pool opened in the morning, and he said 11am, but without missing a beat, continues they would uncover the pool for me early.. (holy cow). And that pool ..so well kept and perfect temperature..My room.. well spacious, clean, well renovated, tile entrance, blackout drapes with ball bearing runners....and on and on. Did i mention the hair dryer in the bathroom, ironing board and fresh white towels galore?
So Shhhhh.... this place too good to let everybody know.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank MtlSwim
Pulaski, New York, United States
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I went to Lake Placid with the intent of "running away" for a few days with my best friend. it was a last minute decision and relaxation was on the agenda. We decision to stay at the Maple Leaf Inn which was a perfect choice. It delivered the quiet we needed, the closeness to the village (within walking distance if we didn't use the town provided Trolley). The rooms were VERY clean and spacious. We were lucky enough to get a room with a living room and a kitchen at the last minute. The owners were perfect hosts and were available to offer advice on restaurants and attractions. I can't say enough about the Maple Leaf, from the pool to the room. It was an amazing experience and would do it again. I highly recommend staying at the Maple Leaf Inn.

Room Tip: We went with the 2 bed, "suite". It had a dining area, kitchenette and a separate living...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Syracuse,NY
Reviewed 17 July 2013

we were in Lake Placid to hike. Maple Leaf inn proved to be the perfect spot for my daughter and
I, about a 20 min drive to the ADK loj, The place was clean, and spacious for us and walking distance to town, We checked in with the owner and he gave us advice on using the free trolley to get around town, He was friendly and super accommodating. Mcdonalds is almost next door and was perfect for our early morning departure,

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank jscibetta
Toronto
Reviewed 4 July 2013

We went to Lake Placid with friends (7 of us). We booked 3 rooms. Main purpose of the trip was to hike the mountains, so we really just needed a place to sleep. Cleanliness is important to us, and Maple Leaf Inn delivered on that. It's not a fancy inn but everything works. AC works and it's quiet. WiFi works well with multiple access points. The owner is friendly and seems to be working the grounds all the time. The heated pool is great for relaxing after a long day of hiking.

Location of the inn is great! 2min walk to McDonald's. A short drive to Main street for all the restaurants and shops. Overall it's great value, good overall inn.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank yylover
Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my boys in June. It is a family run hotel right across the street from Lake Placid and walking distance (10 mins) to all of the restaurants and stores on Main. It is not fancy, but if you want a clean, safe, inexpensive stay in Lake Placid- this place is perfect. They have a heated pool that was 85 degrees, grills, and a fire pit that you can use if you buy the wood down at the corner store. The owners were wonderful people, that get a lot of return customers. They even dropped us off in their truck for dinner one night! Anyway, we saw the reviews on TripAdvisor and decided to try it, and are glad we did. If you are looking for a nice Motor Inn, The Maple Leaf is a great place to stay.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family