“Blissful”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lake Placid
Wildwood on the Lake
Ranked #13 of 31 Hotels in Lake Placid
Reviewed 28 November 2011

We had two peaceful, relaxing nights in this cosy lakeside motel and I wish we could have stayed longer. Stuart is an excellent host who drove us into town to show us recommended bars / restaurants and lit a welcoming fire by the water for us. Our bed was so comfy it was hard to leave, and we had an open fire in our room as well. Once we forced ourselves to venture out we found Lake Placid to be a real delight, with plenty of places to eat and drink and very friendly residents. Our room had a beautiful view although I was sad not to see the beaver. Maybe next time!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
felixFelix, Manager at Wildwood on the Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2011

So glad you enjoyed our slice of the Adirondacks. We think it's Blissful also. Hope to see you soon

Reviewed 21 November 2011

wildwoods is a wonderful discovery - very affordable but much nicer than any of the more expensive hotels we saw. My husband and I spent the night here in November on our way up to Montreal for a conference, and wish we could have stayed longer. From the front the hotel is not impressive, on the main road, but once you enter and go out to the back it is heavenly, quiet and tranquil, backing onto lake placid with stunning views. We will definitely be back in the spring/summer with our children.

Room Tip: get a lake side room to exit right onto the lake. Lake view rooms are lovely too.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aharpe
Reviewed 10 November 2011

In December 2008 (Christmas week) we (two adults and one child spent 8 nights in the kitchenette suite right behind the reception. Two main things that attracted us were a very decent price and a kitchenette. We didn't regret our choice. Suite was clean, comfortable and had more than enough space for our skiing equipment. Owners were nice and helpful. One thing that bothered us at the end of our stay were noisy upstairs neighbours, but it was not management fault. In October 2001 (Columbus day) we went to Lake placid fro hiking and after long research decided to stay at Wildwood again. As the property was not new in 2008, I was afraid to see signs of deterioration. NO, everything was the same quality as four years back. Plus we were able to enjoy beautiful ground and lake.
I wood recommend this Wildwood for people, who doesn't need luxury, but like to have homelike place with good consistent service and perks like lakes, boats and campfire.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2011

Always enjoy our time in Lake Placid. Wildwood is right on Lake Placid. The Lakefront rooms have a wonderful view. Campfire was lit each night we were there. Our in room fireplace felt so warm. The Webbers are wonderful hosts. Canoes, paddleboats, kayaks, and row boats availiable for guest use. two pools and great reading areas throughout...sooooo relaxing...Can't wait to go back !

Room Tip: September is beautiful and you avoid the busy season. Had the indoor pool to myself most of the time...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank rwb44
Reviewed 13 October 2011

My wife and I came into Lake Placid on Friday Oct 7, 2011. We just happen to stop at Wildwood on the Lake. They only had one small one available so we booked it for two nights .... what luck. The place, people, and owners were so nice. Nothing real fancy and certianly not expensive for Lake Placid. Just real comfortable from the rooms to the owners. We ended up staying an addition few nights and eventually had to leave. Although we did not want to. I have read the two reviews below and agree 100% with them. Could not have said it better!

The nightly fires at lakeside was what sold it for me .... can't wait to go back soon. If you are in Lake Placid don't look anywhere else just stay with Wildwood.

Thanks for a great four nights.

Room Tip: Take a kayak out into the lake between 5:30 and 7:00 pm. The sun settng on the water and mountains...
1  Thank William G
felixFelix, Manager at Wildwood on the Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2011

It was lovely meeting and talking with you and look forward to your next visit. Thank you!
Manager

Reviewed 11 October 2011

Spent 3 nights Columbus Day weekend and it was fantastic! Waterfront property with spectacular views, within walking distance of downtown. Enjoyed peaceful mornings watching the sunrise, and wonderful evenings around the firepit. Utilized the FREE watercraft; row boat, paddle boats, kayaks and canoes were available. Hospitality is outstanding; even when you want hot chocolate at nearly 10pm! I plan on returning to Lake Placid next year and Wildwood is where I'll be staying.

2  Thank Jake W
felixFelix, Manager at Wildwood on the Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2011

Wow, it certainly puts a smile on our faces to read such a glowing review. As one of only a few properties that are actually on Lake Placid we are thrilled to know you enjoyed what we feel is something special. Hope to continue to do so in the future.
Resident Manager

Reviewed 11 October 2011

We were looking for a romantic place with a fireplace and double Jacuzzi. I started looking at resorts like the lake placid lodge, mirror lake in and whiteface lodge. All are very beautiful, however at 500-600$ a night it was a bit steep for us.
Thanks to trip advisor I found this place and could not have been happier. We opted for the lakeside suite. It had everything we wanted plus a kitchenette. In all honesty I think our room (#26) was the best in the place.
Make sure you ask for a front facing LAKESIDE room. Some rooms only have a partial side view of the lake (that's the difference between there LAKEVIEW and LAKESIDE rooms). Other rooms have hillside or poolside views.
At first I was a bit reluctant since the motels internet site didn't seem to sell the virtues of the room very well. They show the bed and the fireplace, that's it, no pictures of the kitchenette, the Jacuzzi or the view from that room. If there's one thing I've learnt is that you have to worry about what they don't want you to see versus what they show you.
In this case my worries we completely unwarranted. I'll let you judge by the pictures I posted. Now it doesn't have marble walls in the bathroom or 800 threat count Egyptian cotton sheets on the bed, but it's a fraction of the cost of those high priced resorts. We slept very soundly in our comfortable king size bed.
Spending time on our patio was AMAZING. We would bask in the morning sun as we drank our coffee in the morning (south facing view). After a day out on the town or in the wild we would sip our wine, look at the view, watch the ducks and do some reading.
There is a large waterfront lawn were Adirondack chairs are spread around the place. Patrons can use the BBQ pits and tables for a meal. There is also a fire pit were families come out at night, sit on a log and roast marshmallows. Every once in I while we would stop reading and watch people going out for a canoe or paddle boat ride or kids trying to attract the ducks. I certainly would say it was bustling with activity. Most importantly: at no time were there unruly or screaming kids. The place really seemed to have a calming effect on everyone you saw.
Our room was on the corner of the building and the adjoining room was actually a reading lounge giving access to the lawn, so very quiet. We did occasionally hear creaking floor boards over our head (a heavy set guest?). But nothing to bothersome.
Wi-fi was marginal (are room was the farthest point from the main building). I was getting better reception from the Comfort Inn next door, especially if I was outdoors on our patio.
The carpeting in the hallways seemed old, but once in our room we didn't care.
I just hope that same room will be available the next time we go back.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a front facing LAKESIDE room. Some rooms only have a partial side view of the...
1  Thank travelcunnuck