“Cheap and convenient option in Lake Placid”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lake Placid
Wildwood on the Lake
Ranked #12 of 31 Hotels in Lake Placid
Ottawa, Canada
“Cheap and convenient option in Lake Placid”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We stayed at the Wildwood on the lake hotel for one night last weekend and were quite happy with it. The rooms are old but we were not looking for something fency. It was cheap, conveniently located and we enjoyed the indoor pool. You can use the pedalboat and canoe, and have bunfire on the side of the lake.

1 Thank JoannBu

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Collierville, Tennessee
Reviewed 16 September 2013

A very nice clean, quite and comfortable room with a reasonable rate (off season for leaf change) A continental breakfast, but opened at 8am. We were long gone by then. Needs to be at 7am for the early travelers.

1 Thank Goldvsmith
Cohoes,NY
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Just returned from a long weekend stay at the Wildwood on the lake. This was our first time at this establishment and it won't be our last. Or room was very comfortable, had all the amenities and even a fireplace. The owners have an outside firepit and provide wood also for those evening campfires. The motel is in walking distance to several restaurants, stores, and approximately 1/2 mile away from the center of town. Plenty of thing to do, we used the indoor pool area and hot tub, great coffee offered in the morning. Only wish I was here during the warmer months they have a lake fed pool that looks very interesting Will be back!!!

Room Tip: for cooler months pay the extra and get a fireplace room
1 Thank mski110
Saratoga County, NY
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We have stayed in a number of places in Lake Placid over the years. Since we found this place a few years ago, we quit looking elsewhere.

We think the Wildwood is a nice homey place. The rooms are well kept and clean. The owners are warm and accommodating.

It's a great place for families, I think, because of the open space by the lake, the boats/canoes, and swimming pools (one is lake-fed with a little beach for the kids).

The property has quite a bit of lake frontage and a large lawn for families to utilize.

We typically visit a couple times a year and have never been disappointed. We enjoy the owners, the staff and the fellow guests (who gather around the campfire on the lake-front at night).

1 Thank goalnantuckt
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I was very excited for this vacation. I specifically asked for a room that overlooked the lake and was expecting what I asked and paid for which was not cheap; $168 per nite. When my husband and I checked in I was asked to pay everything up front; which I did. Upon getting into our room, I looked out of the patio door and saw the side of a building. The only way you could see the water was if you stand outside on the balcony and turn to your right and even then there was a huge tree in our way! And it wasn't even a view of the lake; its the bay. I was almost in tears. I went back to the front desk and explained that I had booked a room with a view of the lake. The tall lady who I think is Petra; (she's the owners daughter) said to me, "No you didn't. You booked a room with a partial view." I didn't even book the room through her; I booked through Carly. She argued with me and I told her I wanted a room with a view of the water. She said they didn't have anymore. I said, "OK. I'll stay here tonight but I will look for another place to stay as I'm not happy and very disappointed." She said, "Well, you can leave right now then." We had just driven 7 hours and it was getting dark so I said, "No. We will stay here tonight but I will look for another place." I left crying. The next day I called the front desk and spoke to the same woman. I told her I would be checking out and how would I be refunded the 2 days that I wouldn't be staying there. She said I would only be refunded if she rented out the room. We were forced to stay at this hotel even though we were extremely disappointed. It was gross misrepresentation. I was told by Carly, the girl that took my reservation over the phone that I could swim in the lake; later to find out that nobody swims there as it's the bay and very muddy. I was told it was on Lake Placid; which the property is NOT. It's on the bay. Carly also made me feel that their property was much nicer than ones on Mirror Lake; which I later realized was not true at all. Both my husband and I own separate businesses for the past 20 years and would never treat customers the way I was treated. I don't know how this property received good reviews. I was shocked at how ignorant and rude the owners daughter was. I saw her around the property as well and she always looked like she was mad. I would never stay here again and would definitely NOT RECOMMEND this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
12 Thank Rosella M
Miller place
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We stayed the weekend, for our last summer trip. I'm so glad we choose this place. It is simply a nice place. The kids really enjoyed taking the boats around the bay. There are two pools, one indoor, the other made to be an extension of the lake. My boys had a blast in both. We took the free shuttle ,just outside the hotel, to Main Street . We could have walked but the trolley was part of the adventure. The only thing we didnt get to do was toast marshmellos in the fire pit by the lake. Wildwood is good value for an adirondack getaway. It's not one of the corporate chains. (You'll be paying 200+ a night at the many chains there are in Lake Placid.) It is family owned, and operated, and the family works hard to make sure your stay is pleasant.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Bridget S
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We did not intend to stay in Lake Placid for more than a night or two. Upon checking out the property and all the added bonuses we stayed 4 nights. Great price for a simple but clean room. The views are outstanding and it felt like camping without the work. Made many memories and friends. We'll return next year and book a cabin. Our kids will love it. Fires each night overlooking lake, use of all boats and kayaks free of charge. The pools were amazing too. Where else can you get all this for so little. Bbq pits right on water. Loved it...Thank you Webers...

Your Canadian fans