“gorgeous place!”
Review of Stagecoach Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lake Placid
Stagecoach Inn
Ranked #6 of 14 Lake Placid B&B and Inns
St. Petersburg, Florida
“gorgeous place!”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We enjoyed The Stagecoach so much! We got a tour from the owner, each room is done so well. Beds were cozy & like laying in a cloud. The views of the mountains made this a very special time for us.The evening wine and cheese was a nice touch, as was the adorable house doggy-

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Missouri
Reviewed 12 October 2013

This is a great place to stay to experience a true Adironack holiday. The breakfasts, the wine and cheese, and the hosts (Mary Pat, Tony, and Benny-the Jack Russell terrrier) are outstanding. Mary Pat provides excellent advice on places to go, including lesser known trails to explore, and excellent restaurants of Lake Placid. She really looks after her guests and make sure they have a good experience in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 6 October 2013

This is the best Bed and Breakfast I‘ve ever stayed at. Mary Pat and Tony are very welcoming with excellent recommendations for restaurant and activities. Mary Pat‘s breakfast was as tasty as other reviewers have raved,and the rooms were so well decorated with Mary Pat‘s collection. This place is definitely the gem of Lake Placid!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Linda L
Knysna, Western Cape, South Africa
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Mary Pat was exceptional. She served a wonderful homemade breakfast with freshly baked bread, the best berries and yoghurt with anything else you could possibly want. The cheese and wine hour was really great. Mary pat and Tony happily included our friends and it was a special time. She is thoughtful and informative Our whole experience at Stagecoach was wonderful.

Room Tip: The 'French' room upstairs is really lovely.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karin M
New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 September 2013

This is overall the best B&B experience I have had, and I have stayed at many wonderful places over the years. I think the word that summarizes all aspects of this wonderful inn is "care." That is, the loving care that our host, Mary Pat, takes with every detail. It starts with the completely restored inn itself, filled with the most eye-pleasing, Adirondack-style antique design--both beautifully coordinated and comfortable to inhabit. It is the care that goes into Mary Pat's wonderful, cornucopian breakfasts--eggs, meats, homemade bread (fresh out of the oven every morning), French toast, ambrosian homemade granola, fresh berries with amazing yogurt, locally grown roasted potatoes--it is hard not to overeat (I gave up trying). It is the care with which Mary Pat directs you to the best restaurants, the best hiking trails (depending on your interests), the best local attractions. But above all, it is the care she takes with each guest to make sure that they receive the personalized comfort they require to make their stay perfect. I mentioned to her I was supposed to be gluten-free and the next morning there were gluten-free English muffins ready for breakfast. She noticed that I like to drink seltzer water and seltzer water magically appeared in my room. Both Mary Pat and her husband Tony are so gracious and charming and interesting, and added to all that was the fun we had with the other guests--breakfasts that lasted an hour and a half because we couldn't stop talking. I could go on and on about the loveliness of this experience but I will just end by saying that everything superlative you have read about this inn is true. Go, stay, enjoy!!

Tom Herman, New York, NY

Room Tip: I stayed in the Osgood suite, my companion stayed in the Jenny suite. I think they are the two nice...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank MoxaCat
ontario
Reviewed 26 September 2013

My wife and I stayed at the stagecoach mid-September. This is hands down the most welcoming B&B we have stayed at. The lodge itself is beautifully decorated, the breakfast is fantastic and enormous and the wine and cheese in the evening is both pleasant and appreciated after a long hike. The owners make the lodge very special Mary Pat and Tony are so welcoming and pleasant to chat with- that it feels more like visiting family; they even gave us a lift to dinner so we could have a few drinks and not need a cab.
All in a wonderful stay we have found our new 'regular' in Lake Placid.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mspenceb
New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I have just returned from a 10-day stay at the Stagecoach Inn in Lake Placid. The entire experience was excellent.

The owners and hosts,Mary Pat and Tony, could not have been more gracious and welcoming in every respect. Their deep knowledge of the High Peaks area was an added plus, as I and my companion planned our activities.

The inn, itself, is a treasure, dating back to 1833! Mary Pat has dressed this classic Adirondack-architecture inn in an artful fashion that really grabs the interest for anyone who wants to take a step back from the contemporary world. And for anyone interested in some-thing more modern, Tony is a former Olympic athlete, and still deepy involved with the IOC and USOC. His knowledge and stories are captivating.

Go... and enjoy!

Frank Spring, New York City

Room Tip: Saw all of them, courtesy of our hostess. All the rooms are beautifully appointed and excellent.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends