“Believe the Reviews”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lake Placid
Art Devlin's Olympic Motor Inn
Ranked #8 of 32 Hotels in Lake Placid
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I always check Trip Advisor reviews before making reservations or planning a trip, but in the case of Art Devlin's, I had my doubts. Motor inns typically don't impress me. Art Devlin's was an exception. As others have reported, the rooms are large and immaculately clean. Our room had a king size bed, a full-size sofa, and easy chair. There's a private deck outside each room, accessible through sliding glass doors. The bathroom was large. The staff is friendly. The inn is located on Main Street and near many shops and restaurants. The price is very reasonable. Don't hesitate to make reservations here. You won't be sorry.

1  Thank sjt2009

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Art Devlin's motel is great value - the rooms are large and clean. A light breakfast (coffee and muffins) was included. It is an easy walk along the Main Street to shops and Restaurants. The rooms were quiet and well appointed and the staff friendly and helpful. There is a very cool trophy cabinet display of Art's ski jumping medals and military honours too.

Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I have stayed and worked in many 5 star resorts and never have I stayed in a nicer place than Art Devlin's! Absolutely spotless, great location, beautiful grounds and views of the Mountains. We rented rooms 14 & 15 and couldn't have been happier, the Suite is gorgeous, well thought out with everything you could possibly ever need. I always travel with my dog and was thrilled when I found this wonderful spot was dog friendly. Wonderful place, highly recommend!

Room Tip: Suite is wonderful and well worth the money!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2013

i saw so many positive reviews I thought no reasonably priced motel could be that nice. Wrong!!
We stayed in an "upscale" room on the second floor and it was very nice. Clean, spacious, comfortable beds , a good sized bathroom and a view of the mountains and the ski jump. There was a good size balcony with two chairs and a table where we enjoyed a glass of wine before going to dinner.
We didn't go down to the lobby for coffee and a muffin so I can't comment on that.
The pool area was very attractive and well maintained.
We will definitely return.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

There's a reason that this is rated #2 in Lake Placid. I recently went to a wedding in Lake Placid and stayed at Art Devlin's. The staff are really friendly and helpful and the rooms are perfect if you just need a room to sleep in with a good bathroom. If you're going to Lake Placid it's likely that you're not there to hang out in your room, which is why I think Art Devlin's is the perfect place to stay there. It's got comfortable beds and good sized rooms (we stayed in an Upgraded Standard Room). I lot of other people who went to the wedding who stayed in other accommodation mostly said that where they were staying was crap, so I was glad that I could tell them that Art Devlin's wasn't crap at all. You also won't have any problems finding a parking space.

Location-wise, there's a Subway around the corner plus a couple great restaurants in Lisa G's and Liquids & Solids. There's also a liqour store around there as well. It's a 15 minute walk into the main area in town but the free trolley comes past Art Devlin's every 15 minutes if you want to take that. If you want to go to a sports bar there's Wise Guys 5 minutes up the road.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I am writing this from the lounge (one of two) in my room which cost use less than $200 for two nights!! Asked where we should stay from some local people and this motel was the response from them. We checked in (without reservations) for two nights and the room is huge, spotlessly clean and wonderful. We have a huge balcony and can't wait for morning to see the view... Recommend for everyone.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

We were doing the college tour thing, and were finishing up in the Lake Placid area. At the end of the trip we were getting low on funds, and found this. The rates were reasonable, and the location was right, so we took it. What a pleasant surprise. I really don't know where to start; the really nice staff and supremely friendly owners, the spacious room, the great location... OK, the breakfast is a little sparse, but that's not why you stay here. You stay here because you want the location, the comfort, the friendly atmosphere at a price that doesn't choke a horse. Easy walk into the main section of town, great advice on hiking trails, whatever you want. If you're an active family interested in more than just cruising the stores on Main Street, this is the place to be.

Easy access to a ton of great hikes, kayaking, biking, whatever. It's not a fussy place, just supremely friendly (there's that word again) and comfortable. We'll be back, for sure...

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family