“A definite 10”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lake Placid
Art Devlin's Olympic Motor Inn
Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in Lake Placid
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Value with a view!!! Seeing the Olympic ski jump from our room and the snow in the background literally stop me in my tracks when I opened the door to our room.
Stayed here for a Lions convention and love to come back again!!

• Stayed: April 2014

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Corporates have taken over the hotel industry but in Lake Placid there is a gem of a local business owner that you need to try. Art Devlin's was everything and more than we wanted in a hotel room. The staff was friendly upon check in. The lobby was sparkling clean and inviting with a fireplace and coffee/tea counter. We were directed to our room and upon opening the door, you almost gasp at the view. Just lovely. The entire room was sparkling clean and nicely done with gorgeous beams on the high ceiling. The patio slider door opened to a small balcony where you could get a panoramic view of the mountains. There was a small table with two chairs and a large reclining "lazyboy style" chair. There was a small coffee maker and a small refrigerator. A very large closest with a door that had an extra blanket and an iron with ironing board. The bed was comfortable with a warm topper that did not weigh 50 pounds like some of them you come across. The bathroom. Well, I actually took pictures of the bathroom because it was something I would like to duplicate in my own home. The showerhead was great with a good pressure of water. There was lighting inside the ceiling of the shower/tub so you could SEE. Good lighting with dimmer over the mirror for ladies that actually find a need to wear makeup in the mountains, you are all set! This bathroom had no evidence others had ever used it. It looked brand new and nothing like many hotel bathrooms with a water stain here or a cracked tile or anything. The baseboard heat in this room was controlled by you! With separate thermostats in the bathroom and the bedroom. It was comfortable and warm despite the 7 or 8 inches of snow that fell overnight while we were there. The lot was plowed the next morning when we left so snow removal was good also. I can't stress enough that this was a CLEAN room. I saw they allow dogs and if one had ever been in this room, you could not see any evidence at all. None! CLEAN. Period! :) We enjoyed a cup of free coffee from the lobby at a painless checkout. No doubt, Art Devlin's is now on a list of places we want to come back to! If I had to dig for a negative at all on this hotel, I would like to have a hook on the back of the bathroom door. Pretty petty! Also, I suspect that you can hear much of what goes on in the neighboring rooms. We were fortunate that we only heard our neighboring room guest once but it was like they were inside our own room.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dreamagic
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

Everything about this hotel was fantastic. The girls behind the reception desk were super nice and very helpful. We traveled from Vermont to lake placid, even though check in wasn't until much later that day we were able to check in around 8am. This was fantastic and so helpful. The bathroom was absolutely beautiful, brand new shower and great whirlpool tub. The tub was even equipped with led lights! The tv was a huge LG. Bed was super comfortable. Great view of the mountains, you could see whiteface from the balcony. It snowed heavily during our stay, the hotel staff kept up with it and had the parking lots cleared for us at all hours of the day. Coffee maker and mini fridge were very useful. We would absolutely recommend this hotel and we will most definitely be returning. Thanks for a great stay!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BMCBNY
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I stayed there for a night recently.I must say the place is a bang for the buck.I stayed in the silver room and it was really nice and clean.The beds are good but not the most comfortable.The room had a huge TV and a balcony with a mountain view.The only negative was that they didn't have a coffee maker in the room though they have one in the reception.They serve muffins and donuts in the morning but that's nothing to rave about.The car parks right next to your room so you don't have to walk a lot.The hotel itself is located in the main street and there are a plenty of places to eat and drink down the street.Also has a pizza place right next to the hotel.Definitely recommend this place to everyone.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank vagaruy
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Room were clean and updated, staff very friendly and helpful. Close to town to walk to many locations. Coffee served in lobby every morning with fresh muffins and donuts. Bus picks you up out front to take you to White Face Mountain.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CHERYL B
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Art Devlin's is the ONLY place I consider staying when I come to Lake Placid. I came here for the first time in 1997 because they would allow me to bring my dog and I have been coming back ever since. I have stayed here in all seasons and in all weather. The accommodations are perfect and the staff is always accommodating. The hotel is within walking distance to any place I want to go within Lake Placid and the price is always right. The hotel is family owned and operated and they always make you feel like you are a part of their family.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 January 2014

My husband and I stayed 2 nights (room 53) with our dog in a dog friendly room for New Years Eve. We booked online so we weren't sure what to expect. We were very happily surprised! The hotel is located in the town center-walking distance to shops and restaurants. Our room was recently renovated and very clean. The staff were all friendly and helpful. Although it is a basic hotel without extras, it met our needs perfectly.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple