“Clean, comfortable and convenient!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lake Placid
Art Devlin's Olympic Motor Inn
Ranked #8 of 32 Hotels in Lake Placid
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We spent a night here on Memorial Day weekend while in Lake Placid for a family event. The room was very clean and comfortable and appeared to have new bedding , carpeting, and a spacious, updated bathroom. The inn is a short walk to many shops and restaurants, and all of the Olympic landmarks which make this town famous. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014

Reviewed 18 May 2014

This hotel is worth more than 5 stars - friendly, clean, accommodating, affordable, great location, wonderful views, and comfortable. When booking I requested a pet free room, the kind person on the other end gracious accommodated but let me know the room doesn't have a view, which was find by me. When we arrived at our ground floor, silver room #48 it was perfect and we may not have had a view from inside the room out our sliding glass door BUT just a few steps outside the entrance way was this awesome deck area with 2 tables w/ umbrellas. Here you could sit enjoy the beautiful view and the crisp clean air with the family or spouse enjoy dinner or just a glass of wine! So relaxing!

Our room was very, very, clean - this hotel may have been here for awhile but they have clearly continued to upgrade and make improvement in comfort and style while keeping the warm cozy feeling. The rug looked brand new, so much I felt the need to take my shoes off when I entered, like I was at a friends home. A wooden ceiling and white stucco walls, with 2 queen size beds - not doubles that you usually get - nice bedding, fluffy pillows, comfortable mattresses ( again appeared very new). A beautiful 52" (I think) T.V. mounted on the wall and a large AC/heater unit. The bathroom was amazing for this little motel, granite counters and tile floors, and new shower / tub with was a small refrigerator under the counter. You could tell they work to keep these rooms up to date because there was plenty of outlets to charge all our IPads and IPhones etc.- most of the new mega hotels in Atlantic City can't even get that right.

The lobby was very cozy, they offer coffee with homemade muffins ( yes they are homemade ) and donuts both pre wrapped, which I liked. Just enough to get you started for a great day in the area and more then I expect for the affordably priced rooms.

The owner should be very proud of this establishment there is truly nothing to find fault with unless you are just looking to be picky - then nothing is good enough for those kind of people. Oh did i mention the grounds where beautifully kept, we where here in mid May, they where preparing to open the pool and there was plenty of parking, with everything on Main Street within walking distance. I highly recommend this hotel - you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: All rooms are perfectly located.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 May 2014

The room was very nice, recently remodeled,the view from the room was out of this world, awesome view of the mountain peaks and the 1980 ski jumps. Two luxurious queen beds in the room, wonderful rich carpets. Bathroom had it's own thermostat, nice hot shower too

Room Tip: Rooms 34,35,36,37 and 38 have that great view
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Buldog216
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We have stayed here during all seasons and every time it has been wonderful. The staff was friendly, the room was super clean and the views of the mountains are great. Within walking distance to the shops and the convention center. You can have the expensive corporate hotels, as for us, we wouldn't stay any place else.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Value with a view!!! Seeing the Olympic ski jump from our room and the snow in the background literally stop me in my tracks when I opened the door to our room.
Stayed here for a Lions convention and love to come back again!!

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Corporates have taken over the hotel industry but in Lake Placid there is a gem of a local business owner that you need to try. Art Devlin's was everything and more than we wanted in a hotel room. The staff was friendly upon check in. The lobby was sparkling clean and inviting with a fireplace and coffee/tea counter. We were directed to our room and upon opening the door, you almost gasp at the view. Just lovely. The entire room was sparkling clean and nicely done with gorgeous beams on the high ceiling. The patio slider door opened to a small balcony where you could get a panoramic view of the mountains. There was a small table with two chairs and a large reclining "lazyboy style" chair. There was a small coffee maker and a small refrigerator. A very large closest with a door that had an extra blanket and an iron with ironing board. The bed was comfortable with a warm topper that did not weigh 50 pounds like some of them you come across. The bathroom. Well, I actually took pictures of the bathroom because it was something I would like to duplicate in my own home. The showerhead was great with a good pressure of water. There was lighting inside the ceiling of the shower/tub so you could SEE. Good lighting with dimmer over the mirror for ladies that actually find a need to wear makeup in the mountains, you are all set! This bathroom had no evidence others had ever used it. It looked brand new and nothing like many hotel bathrooms with a water stain here or a cracked tile or anything. The baseboard heat in this room was controlled by you! With separate thermostats in the bathroom and the bedroom. It was comfortable and warm despite the 7 or 8 inches of snow that fell overnight while we were there. The lot was plowed the next morning when we left so snow removal was good also. I can't stress enough that this was a CLEAN room. I saw they allow dogs and if one had ever been in this room, you could not see any evidence at all. None! CLEAN. Period! :) We enjoyed a cup of free coffee from the lobby at a painless checkout. No doubt, Art Devlin's is now on a list of places we want to come back to! If I had to dig for a negative at all on this hotel, I would like to have a hook on the back of the bathroom door. Pretty petty! Also, I suspect that you can hear much of what goes on in the neighboring rooms. We were fortunate that we only heard our neighboring room guest once but it was like they were inside our own room.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dreamagic
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

Everything about this hotel was fantastic. The girls behind the reception desk were super nice and very helpful. We traveled from Vermont to lake placid, even though check in wasn't until much later that day we were able to check in around 8am. This was fantastic and so helpful. The bathroom was absolutely beautiful, brand new shower and great whirlpool tub. The tub was even equipped with led lights! The tv was a huge LG. Bed was super comfortable. Great view of the mountains, you could see whiteface from the balcony. It snowed heavily during our stay, the hotel staff kept up with it and had the parking lots cleared for us at all hours of the day. Coffee maker and mini fridge were very useful. We would absolutely recommend this hotel and we will most definitely be returning. Thanks for a great stay!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple