Big Mountain Deli & Creperie
Price range: US$0 - US$14
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Description: We take our homemade bread, Boar's Head Meats, fresh ingredients and a spark of creativity to make the 46 sandwiches named after the 46 High Peaks of the Adirondacks! We also specialize in sweet and savory crepes as the only creperie in town! Eat it here in our cozy restaurant or take it with you to explore the beautiful Adirondacks! Either way, we guarantee there is something for everyone in your group and that your biggest issue will be which sandwich to get next time! Hike up an appetite and let us feed your hunger!
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I had lunch there one day...I love crepes and they have a very extensive selection of sweet and savory crepes. The place is tiny; you give your order and then find a table. But the crepes are very good.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Sweet crepes, savory crepes, soups, coffee, this place is quick and efficient, and it's good - what more can you ask for? Right across the street from the Van Heusen outlet - I got my shopping fix out of the way and then I spotted this place. Warm and welcoming on a cold, drizzly Lake Placid day, I went in and was greeted by the smiling counter help staff.

I had the raspberry with mascarpone cheese, covered with powdered sugar. It was brought to my table steaming hot within about 3 to 5 minutes. I sit in the window and enjoyed my table which was handpainted by a local artist with a painting of an otter (the other table in the window has a trout, and a third table has an eagle - how charming is that?).

The menu board has a great selection - I was only interested in the sweet crepes, so that's what I looked at, and the prices were right. Strawberries and cream was another, bananas and nutella sounded great too. Something with apples was listed, but I knew that if I thought too hard, I would never be able to decide. It all looked good. Mine was $9 and with the coffee, my bill was $11.

I would definitely return. I highly recommend this place for visitors looking for some local flavor at a good price, friendly service and best of all, something you can't get in too many places - a homemade crepe.

1  Thank KittensMom313
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Second review for Big Mountain Deli and Creperie for a visit in mid April. Last one was a couple years ago, gave it a similar review. This time we had sandwiches for breakfast and lunch sandwiches...they were just as good as the crepes. Yes, the crepes cost more than they should. They are made fresh, though, and well presented. Both times we went, we got 5 sandwiches and shared 3 crepes, and the bills were about the same - around $70. Only hitch was that the woman who rang us up had asked me, while I was ordering for the family - what kind of bread I wanted on my sandwich...my sandwich was subsequently not made when my order came up and she said it wasn't on the order! She was a BIT of a grinch about it, apologies for my language, but to make it sound like I forgot to order it when I was specifically asked about what bread I wanted ON THE SANDWICH SHE FORGOT was a bit annoying. Yes, I was still charged for the sandwich afterward and received a half hearted apology...meh. The review will document it accordingly. And...sigh...I will be back because the selection and quality of food is so good.

1  Thank KidRip
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We stopped in here for lunch. The food and service were great. It may take a while to order, there is a wall of items listed. Many types of crepes and sandwiches on store made bread.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Very eclectic cool. Loved this place. Crepes are not gluten free but they could make any of their sandwiches (and there are a lot of them) gluten free.