“Great place to relax over drinks!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Maggie's Pub

Maggie's Pub
Ranked #35 of 98 Restaurants in Lake Placid
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: View, Bar Scene, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Great place to relax over drinks!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went there for drinks on a Saturday afternoon and had the best time. We sat outside by the fireplace and just enjoyed the quietness and the view. There are nice blankets provided outside should you get cold. The drinks were reasonably priced and the service was exceptional! We will definitely be back on our next trip down without the kids...

Quechee, Vermont
“Top Notch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

My wife and I dined at Maggie's for a romantic birthday dinner and thought it was fantastic. The menu is a bit limited but the quality was excellent. I had a great skirt steak and my wife had fish tacos. The service was great but most importantly, the atmosphere and view are terrific. The pub is very cozy and inviting. Maggie's is a bit off the beaten path and we actually just stumbled onto it when we were poking around. The Lake Placid Club is one of the most spectacular places on the lake and would highly recommend the trip.

New York City, New York
“Maggie's Pub in Lake Placid”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

Don't be over-awed by the sumptuous atmosphere of the totality of the Lake Place Lodge, which is amazing and daunting simultaneously. Maggie's Pub in the facility is an extremely moderately-priced restaurant, with views onto the Lake and Kate Smith's house (!). Very casual, with friendly service. Two visits during our trip, and each meal was delicious -- "clean plate club" from start to finish.

New York
“Get the Stunning Lake View on the cheap... at Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

Well worth the 30 minute drive off of 87 if you are passing through, or are otherwise in the area. You can sit on the extensive covered terrace at lunch and enjoy unbelievable views of undeveloped park-land from high above the lake. A real European Alpine feel. Eating lunch at the bar essentially gains you access to the more upscale Artisans Restaurant covered balcony seating area during pre-dinner hours.

The bar menu is limited but well-prepared. We split a bacon cheese burger, gratin mac and cheese and each had the fish soup, which was excellent. Service was prompt, polite, but not over solicitous (we stayed for almost 2 hours, pressure free). There was a violinist playing quietly somewhere in the background, but we mostly enjoyed the solitude of a quiet mountain lake (no children under 12). The Lodge furnishes each chair with a large blanket for the cooler months - not necessary in mid-August. We are thinking of returning for another weekend lunch on our way up to Montreal during the foliage season, the views must be incredible then.

• Visited August 2013
Adirondack, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ok food, terrible service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

When we arrived we were told by a server to sit where ever we wanted. We went to sit at one table and we were told that it was spoken for. We thought that was odd, but didn't think much more of it until we left over 2 hours later and no one ever sat at that table. In the end, we sat in probably the worst seats in the restaurant which is in the back by the kitchen door.

The food was okay, but my steak was brought without a steak knife and it took me about 5 min to wave someone down to get me the proper knife. And then to top it off, it took over a half hour to get my dessert. I was told, "there was a miscommunication and they were making a new one." The dessert was very good, but certainly not worth adding a half hour to the visit. I was very surprised my drink was not taken off the bill since it was clearly their fault.

I think this might be a nice place for a drink if you were sitting outside or by the window. As for the food, the service and the price, there are plenty of other higher end places to visit in Lake Placid.

1 Thank Adkgurl

Been to Maggie's Pub? Share your experiences!