“Stiff drinks!!!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 November 2013

My bf and I were in lake placid is past weekend for his 30th bday. After viewing places to eat and drink prior to our trip, we came across this one and put it on our list. The atmosphere there is special. Super cozy and inviting. We went there for drinks after a meh meal elsewhere. I ordered a gin and tonic and my bf had a beer. Now I'm not complaining that my drink was stiff but it was almost too stiff to drink that my bf had to help. I was half done my drink and the bartender gave me another drink on the house. She said that it looked too weak so she made me a new one!! Lol. Anyways so here I was w two drinks trying to at least finish one. We were there in November so I think it's kind of a dead time of year. The pub was quiet but that's ok. Next time we come to visit, we will consider going there for dinner as well...we took a look at the dinner menu - it looked interesting and reasonably priced. The atmosphere is very cottage-like. I would assume during the day the pub would have a nice view of the lake? I would recommend this place to anyone visiting lake placid. It was a nice experience. Oh and they have a pool table and board games...oh and lastly, the bill was under $15 without the tip! Dirt cheap considering its so expensive in Canada!!!

There are newer reviews for Maggie's Pub

Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

It was shoulder season so quiet. Sat on a big couch by a wood burning fire and had a charming server. Drinks are crazy expensive but the food was reasonably priced and delicious. Chocolate lava cake with cocoa ice cream a hit! We had a great time.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Great pace for imaginative bar fare. Good burgers and salad. They also make an excellent fish chowder.

Wonderful lighter alternative to the main restaurant!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Drove in from Keene to have dinner here not knowing much about it after finding out the place we planned to have dinner at was closed on Sunday nights. Dinner ended up being a very pleasant surprise. I had two starters as my dinner, the warm quinoa salad and the hummus. That was actually more food than I had anticipated but both were so excellent I'm glad I had a chance to try them both. My husband had the burger which he enjoyed but said that everything that came with the burger - greens, vegetables and house made ketchup - is what made it great. We had complimentary onion bread with our meal which was excellent. Service was great. Our waiter was attentive and accommodating. The ambiance was beautiful and relaxing with playful rustic decor and nice fireplace. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went there for drinks on a Saturday afternoon and had the best time. We sat outside by the fireplace and just enjoyed the quietness and the view. There are nice blankets provided outside should you get cold. The drinks were reasonably priced and the service was exceptional! We will definitely be back on our next trip down without the kids...

Been to Maggie's Pub? Share your experiences!