“An Adirondack Remake Flies Again”
Review of Pan Dolce - CLOSED

Pan Dolce
Price range: US$5 - US$27
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood, Bar, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Pan Dolce, meaning “sweet bread” in Italian, is a full service restaurant located just beyond the hustle and bustle of Main Street in Lake Placid.Our menu offers a selection of seasonal dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We pride ourselves in creating a casual gourmet experience with high standards of quality, service and convenience. All of our tempting dishes are crafted in our kitchen using carefully selected local ingredients.We braise, roast, poach, boil and bake all our own meats, poultry, and breads. Enjoy our distinctive, spacious, Eco-friendly, restaurant - designed with natural materials and a contemporary feel. Pan Dolce welcomes families, friends and groups of all sizes.
New York City, New York
“An Adirondack Remake Flies Again”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

When this restaurant opened a year or more ago it was trying to be the new "Bagel Place" in Lake Placid. Not that the town couldn't use one but this was not to be. They have come back to life as
a high end restaurant on the town's main street next to McDonalds. The historic problem with new
restaurants in Lake Placid is they often try to be first class operations in the middle of the Adirondacks. Pan Dolce is in this category. With fine wine service and attention to detail, an expensive (for the area) choice of entrees and absolute adherance to their reservation list part of
the program. We actually showed up very early for dinner there with another regular visiting couple. There was only one table filled in the restaurant and we were told that they could not possibly seat
us because they were scheduled to be full. Now that might work in New York where the volume of customers is always impressive but in Lake Placid I believe it is a mistake that a more practiced Maitre'd could have better handled.
Dinner there has been fine, the service is usually excellent and the entertainment was enjoyable and appropriate. It is actually OK to open a restaurant in Lake Placid that does not try too hard to
be at the top end of the scale. Many of those have come before and are no longer here.

• Visited February 2014
Pan D, General Manager at Pan Dolce, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Steven B,
Thank you for being our guest a Pan Dolce and I am gratified to read your very kind comments. Your mention of our "fine wine service and attention to detail, enjoyable and appropriate live entertainment and excellent service" is exactly what were striving for.
In the three years we have been open, through good word of mouth and very loyal locals -on some days, reservations have become necessary.
Though sometimes frustrating, guests may perceive that there are open tables, when in fact, we stagger the seating times and the tables you saw were reserved for later diners.
I try my best to be as flexible as possible but during a holiday weekend like Valentines Day when you visited, It would not have been fair to give away other diners tables. I am sincerely sorry my adherence to our reservations were discouraging to you, but again, I was attempting to be as fair as possible to those who made their holiday plans, days, weeks and in a few cases months in advance.
We very much appreciate your input and being our guest and hope that we have the pleasure of seeing you again soon.
Keith

Scotia, New York
“I've Found a Slice of Heaven on Earth”
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

To start I say WOW! I started out with a Lady on the Lake which the spirit sommelier Ashley mixed to perfection! I had appetizers (the carcofi and the prawn cocktail) the other half had the Atlantic salmon. All of it was excellent! The customer service was out of this world and the local customers were the friendliest I've met in a long time. I plan to be in lake placid at least once a month and I know where my dinner and drinks will be! Oh, kudos to the chef!

Dear Camilla G,
WOW to you TOO!!
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experiences here at Pan Dolce and for your support. Your review is truly gratifying and exactly what we are working for. !! I have already passed on your comments to Chef Chris, Ashley and the entire staff and we look forward to start seeing you at least once a month!!
Keith
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“80th birthday celebration”
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Celebrated my husband's 80th birthday with family and friends on a Saturday afternoon. Can't say enough about the staff's cooperation, the atmosphere, the delightful decorations and the food. Passed hors d'oeuvres started the afternoon; spicy crab cakes and carcofi. A delicious buffet followed with salad, a choice of homemade dressings, sausage and peppers, broiled cod with picatta sauce, chicken parm and prime rib. Dessert followed and included delicious cheesecake and apple crisp, both of which were scrumptious. No birthday cake, until a single piece of cheesecake appeared, candle lit and a hearty Happy Birthday was sung.
It could not have been a nicer celebration.

Visited April 2014
Dear Sheila V,
Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your husbands special day. We are delighted to read your very kind comments and thank you for taking the time to let us know what a great experience you had with us.
We hope to welcome you back for your 80th one day and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance with anything at all.
Keith,
Phoenixville
“Great new place in LP!”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Nice specialty place on outskirt of town. Menu appears to vary day-to-day, but food quality is excellent. Some servers seem more conscientious than others. Had live entertainment in the lounge, and the prices were very reasonable for a resort.

Visited April 2014
Dear Joe O,
Thank you for your very kind comments and for taking the time to "venture off Main street" ; visit with us, and let us know about your experience. I have passed on your excellent food comments to Chef Chris and his team. You are correct about a varying menu, Chef uses delivered fresh daily ingredients and I,m glad you noticed.
Thank you again and We hope to welcome you back again soon.
Keith M
Saratoga Springs, New York
“Great choice for everything from Breakfast to Dinner!”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We enjoyed the most delicious fish Dinner at Pan Dolce on Friday, March 21,2014 and returned for Sunday morning Breakfast on March 23, 2014.Both times, we were greeted by the General Manager,Keith, who was friendly with the best personality. Our server, Justin, was also efficient and accommodating. The food was over the top delicious and priced fairly. During Dinner, we were entertained by a wonderful vocalist/guitarist who set just the right mood. For Breakfast, my husband had the Eggs Benedict and I had Homemade Greek Yogurt Parfait with homemade Granola that was the best ever! We didn't leave hungry either time. This restaurant will appeal to all ages because the menu is varied, appealing, and creative. Compliments to the Chef!! We will return when we visit Lake Placid again. By the way, be sure to order coffee because it is freshly brewed by the cup and is the most flavorful! A++ rating from us for service and food!

Visited March 2014
Dear Reginagirl1969,
WOW!!! Thank you so much for sharing your experiences at Pan Dolce. We take serving our guests personally and appreciate hearing that you enjoyed both meals, both days. I will make sure your feedback is shared with the entire staff and I have already passed on your comments to Chef Chris and his team. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future -
maybe for lunch next time - and of course more coffee!!
Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance with anything at all.
Keith,