“OMG Bar and Crodacks”

Cake Placid
Ranked #2 of 3 Bakeries in Lake Placid
Price range: US$3 - US$10
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Description: Adirondack gourmet cupcakes and cakes. Bakery offering doughnuts, muffins, scones, cookies, coffee, etc.
Norfolk, New York
“OMG Bar and Crodacks”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Stopped here after our mother's day lunch. We got the Omg Bar and Crodacks. The OMG Bar was amazing. We saved our crodacks until we got home. They were so worth the wait. Next time I am in Lake Placid I will have to stop to try one of the beautiful cupcakes. The girl at the counter was very friendly.

• Visited May 2014

Ottawa
“Average”
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Went on easter weekend and decided to pick up a batch. I was the last client for the day before it closes for a week. Not sure how fresh the cupcakes were since I've been told the owner was away on vacation. Just average taste. My daughter rates it a 7.

1 Thank BeKD
adkcupcake, Owner at Cake Placid, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you for your review. My apologies that your baked good seemed average. Being that you were the very last customer of the day, on a holiday nonetheless, I can only assume that your selection was limited and you would not have received something you ultimately were looking for. I couldn't tell you what we could do differently, because we always strive to do our best. However, if there is something particular that you could share with us about your cupcake and/or experience, please email us. I would be happy to take any constructive criticism and learn from it. The fact that I, the owner was absent from the bakery that weekend has no impact on our product at all. A successful business owner trains others to do what they do and shares their expertise freely. We do this so that we can enjoy time with our family when time allows it. I 100% trust in my employees, as they worked extremely hard on their own for the very first time, resulting in a successful holiday weekend for us. This is what we call "mud season" in the Adirondacks, spring break or Easter break time where our town is basically on vacation from tourists and locals. Small business owners take this time to spend extra time with their families, since we work extremely hard all summer, fall and winter, to the point we do not see our children as often as we would like. It is not condusive for a business like ours to be open daily during this time. Our product is highly perishable, as we bake fresh daily. I encourage you to visit us again, and give us a second try, I am positive you will be pleased and if not, let us know and we're always happy to accommodate any special requests!
Saranac Lake, New York
“Amazing artist!”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Jenn (owner of Cake Placid) made my son's graduation cake in 2013 and it was the talk of his party. I asked her to incorporate many of my son's interests on the cake and she "hit it out of the park"!! I was an amazing piece of artwork and we were so sad to have to cut it. It was also a delicious cake! I will be calling her for my niece's graduation this year. I normally wouldn't post a 5 if I absolutely didn't think Cake Placid deserved it. Also...I drove the cake from LP to SL on a hot day and the cake held up perfectly, it was very sturdy on it's platform. I would highly recommend!

• Visited June 2013
Lake Placid, New York
“Loyal local! Sweet treats and awesome service!”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I live locally and Cake Placid is my all time favorite stop in the area to satisfy the sweet tooth and my go to spot for special event cupcakes and cakes! I have been going to Jenn's shop since she opened and have nothing but good things to say. I'm always greeted with a smile and friendly service, they'll start knowing me by name here shortly!! Her cupcakes are great the blueberry pancake and gothics are our favs, along with her cro'dacks and delicious cakes! I recently ordered a cookie cake for my Grandmother's 76th birthday and Jenn did a fabulous job. I gave her a picture of what I wanted and she replicated and exceeded my expectations. I highly recommend her and plan to use her for our cupcakes and small cake next Fall for our wedding. She is loved by the locals and its a shame she's gotten a few not so good reviews. Clearly people don't realize this isn't the city this is Lake Placid shes a small business with a small staff. Locals love and support ya Jenn, shop local!

• Visited March 2014
Ottawa, Canada
“Great Cupcakes!”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We just came back to our hotel with some Mint chocolate cupcakes and they were delicious! The whole family loved them. We were not super impressed with the service though. We have a nut allergy and completely understand and read the signs that say there can be cross contamination, but we asked if there is nuts made in the cupcake and the person serving us said "I would have no way of knowing" as if the question was annoying and then murmured that they could go ask and we said "please". They then proceeded to take our money and walked away without going to ask. Clearly asking a question about the product is not welcome.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank dixo2013
adkcupcake, Owner at Cake Placid, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
Thank you so much for visiting our bakery. I am glad you enjoyed our Mint Chocolate cupcakes, they are one of our best sellers. I am sorry, however that your experience was less than stellar. I must tell you that the young lady that waited on you that day was a teenager, experiencing her very first job. She was only a few days in and is very new and timid, as expected of someone in the job force for the very first time in their life. After speaking with her regarding your review, she politely asked me to apologize for her and that she was unaware that she came across careless or that she did not listen to your request. She truly did not have a way of knowing if nuts were in the cupcake, because, even I, the owner, do not know if a nut has made it's way into a cupcake. This is why we strongly urge those with peanut allergies to steer clear of our product. Contamination is highly likely because we use nuts on a regular basis in some of our recipes. I clearly believe this was just a misunderstanding of character because she is truly, brand spanking new. I advised her to please let me know or another employee if she has any questions or if she is not sure of something, or how to answer a customer. There is always an experienced adult employee present when she is working to assist her with anything she needs. We have made sure that this does not happen again. I trust that she is a polite girl as I have known her since she was little and has been nothing but pleasant, and that she in no way intended to come across rude or disinterested, so my sincerest apologies if you felt that way. I encourage you to give us another try, as it seems you thoroughly enjoyed our cupcakes and that perhaps the next review you give will be an earnest 5 stars based on both our quality of baked goods and attentiveness of our service. Thank you again for taking the time out to let us know how we are doing, we appreciate the chance to make each experience more delightful and learn from our mistakes.