“Great for rehearsal dinner too!”
Review of Alegria Garden Cafe - CLOSED

Alegria Garden Cafe
Price range: US$5 - US$34
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Description: World Cuisine using as many local and organic products as possible. Executive Chef: Richard Brosseau Sous Chef: Tom Morris
Reviewed 13 August 2013

The rehearsal dinner for our son’s wedding was held there on Saturday night, Aug.10th. I had numerous email and phone conversations with the chef as well as with Andrea and I was very impressed with the promptness of return calls and emails.
I was also impressed with how much they were able to work with me on a menu that served various tastes and allergies. The staff catered to the children in the wedding party also with both beverages and food.
The staff was very attentive during the evening and I appreciate all their efforts. I received compliments from many of the bridal party.
The food was delicious and the chocolate cake was the best I’ve eaten in a long time! The location of the restaurant is very convenient to downtown Lake Placid, especially if you are staying across the street at High Peaks Resort.
I highly recommend you try this restaurant both for just a dinner for two or a group of 24!

Reviewed 9 July 2013

This restaurant was a great place to eat. The food was excellent and they try to use local ingredients. The menu had a lot of different items and they were happy to adjust some if you had food allergies. The bartender recommended a blueberry pomegrante martini which was wonderful!!! The deserts were very good I would recommend the bananna wrapped in a dough which was worth saving room for! This is off the Main Street in Lake Placid easy walking distance very close to Main Street really just around the corner and not at all crowded like most of the restaurants in town. They had a nice eat in area or a outside area as well. The service was excellent!!

Reviewed 7 July 2013

We weren't expecting to be wowed. The renowned chef who had been there had moved on and there were no other diners in the place on a Friday night!!! Maybe we lucked out with Chef Peter's night, but the three of us each had our favorite meal of our vacation. The presentation was beautiful. I had scallops in a miso sauce that were to die for. My husband had the rib steak, and he pronounced it excellent. A side with the steak was a locally grown potato that was unique and also very good. Son had the steak medallions, which he, too, loved. They use local products whenever they can. Service was eager, but fine. Well-made martini. Would definitely go back.

ndb4ot, Manager at Alegria Garden Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

We are so glad that you enjoyed your dinners. We also appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Where to start? The waitress, the food, the service and the price...really you wait for an hour to get your order and we were on,y 6 in the restaurant when we placed our order.

Andrea F, Manager at Alegria Garden Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Oh My! I am so sorry that you did not have the enjoyable experience at our restaurant that we expect to provide. I believe that you came in for breakfast. I do apologize that your waitress got your order wrong. As I told you at the time, it was her first day doing breakfast. I wish you had told me at the time that there was something wrong with your food. I could have doen something immediately. I did give you a discount because your bacon came out after the rest of the meal. I know when people are traveling they hope everything will be perfect and I am sorry that was not your experience with us. As always, we appreciate people taking the time to write a review. I hope that if you are in the area again, we can make up for your pervious experience with a delicious dinner.

Reviewed 11 June 2013

Ran in the marathon that morning, and had a big lunch. Was looking for something light and was in the mood for a salad. I asked at our hotel and they recommended The Alegria Garden Cafe. I described the salad that i wanted and they delivered. It was exactly as i described. Very tasty dressing, beautiful mixed greens, chopped strawberries and goat cheese. The rest of my party was very happy with their Pizza, Spring Rolls, and burger. The waitress was pleasant and efficient. We had a couple questions and the owner came over and helped us. The restaurant decor was very nice, nice table and chairs were very comfortable. They have outdoor seating with tiki torches lit around the perimeter. Hope to go up to Lake Placid again and will make sure that I visit again.

Andrea F, Manager at Alegria Garden Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

It was a pleasure to meet you and serve you. We always love it when we can provide the little extra to make your visit special. Thanks for the vote of confidence. We look forward to your next visit.