“Food better than average . Very understaffed”
Review of Arena Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Arena Bar & Grill
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

We stopped in for a quick bite before attending a skating show at the Arena. To say that they are understaffed is a HUGE understatement . We were there on a Saturday evening during peak season (Christmas week) when a major event was across the street at the Arena.

Waited 20 minutes after being seated before finally flagging down a waitress to take our order. Asked for the check when the meal was delivered to save time . We actually enjoyed the food ( although we has to wolf it down).

I had the black and blue burger, my children had smokehouse burgers and my husband had the chicken Cobb sandwich .

The sandwiches and fries were good . Decor dated. Has a lot of potential .

1  Thank Ortho3311

Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Very short-staffed, two ladies running the bar and dining room on a saturday night. Just two! Slow service, I just had a grilled cheese, which tasted of the grill itself, and pam. The cheese was barely melted. Fries were good. But service was mediocre at best. Trying other places in LP next time for sure, and avoiding the awkward Arena, which I feel, I could manage better than it's currently run. What a shame.

2  Thank JiggaJerm
Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

I am not sure why this is rated so low?? It was good for a reasonable priced meal, with free wi-fi, nice bar w big flat screens that we were allowed to change channels! Food was decent not bistro but good for cheap beer, nice environment and ok prices!! Service was a bit slow at times, but she was kind. We had the quesadillas and nachos, nachos were HUGE! But not as stated they said they made their own queso sauce but it was just melted cheese. Enjoyed the quiet and relaxing atmosphere

1  Thank kody76
Reviewed 6 October 2013

The loud music piped to the outside was a bit daunting but inside it was much quieter and quite pleasant. We each ordered the classic burger, one medium and two medium-well, and they all arrived very well done. None-the-less they were large and tasty and the fries were very good. OK selection of draft beer and wine. Service was fine although we had a bit of difficulty understanding our server. Perfectly good comfort food meal; we would go back and recommend to others.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

This place needs to take a good look in the mirror and change the way they do business. Wish I would have read the other reviews before we stopped. This was one of the first we saw as we came into town and being hungry we stopped. If only we had continued a few more blocks! The server was sloppy looking and pretty much a "putz". Our party ordered various things - looked like everything was ordered from the food truck and warmed up. Thought the greek salad sounded interesting but it had a weird flavor and the olive oil and balsamic vinegar beakers they brought with it were so messy and disgusting. The vinegar was almost empty (can't believe he even brought it to the table) and when I asked for more vinegar, perhaps in a clean container, the server finally brought one and set it cheekily in front of me. The bottle was maybe wiped but still sticky, couldn't bring myself to use it. Worst meal of our entire 10-day vacation.

1  Thank Karen M