“Quick Rock Climbing Lesson!”

High Peaks Cyclery - Day Tours
Ranked #5 of 11 Tours in Lake Placid
More attraction details
Owner description: High Peaks Cyclery has been in the business of outfitting people for their next adventure since 1982! Locally owned by Brian and Karen Delaney, High Peaks Cyclery specializes in all things biking, skiing, hiking and backpacking, paddlesports, and much more. We've got brands like Scott, Giant, Fischer, Rossignol, Salomon, Goode, Patagonia, Artcteryx, Outdoor Research, and Black Diamond. Come into our shop and chat with our staff to plan a hike, bike, ski or paddle in the Adirondacks and pick up equipment from our top of the line rental fleet. At High Peaks Cyclery we also have a successful consignment and sale room where anyone can consign new and gently used gear and clothing and shoppers can find killer deals! As part of the High Peaks Cyclery family we also have our guide service-High Peaks Mountain Guides-and great lodging right in town through our High Peaks Basecamp Lodging. High Peaks Mountain Guides base out of our Guide House just next door to our shop and offer individual and group custom adventures that fit your ability, interests, and goals. We are a fully licensed guide service with an incredible amount of experience in the backcountry of the Adirondack State Park. In the summer months, we offer single and multi-day trips hiking and backpacking, canoeing, kayaking and paddleboarding, road and mountain biking, and rock climbing. In the winter months, we offer trips ice climbing, mountaineering, winter hiking and backpacking, XC and backcountry skiing and snowshoeing. Come into our shop or call us to chat about planning your next adventure with HPMG! High Peaks Basecamp Lodging includes three houses, each sleeping 10-12 people (for a total capacity of 34 people), located right next to our shop in the heart of downtown Lake Placid! Our Guide House lodging is located above the Guide Service on the second floor, with three bedrooms (2 bunk beds with double bottom bunks in each) and one full bathroom (with access to another full bathroom just next door in our yoga and fitness studio). The High Peaks House is our largest, with two stories, four bedrooms (6 bunks total), one and half baths, a large gear and a large gear and laundry room. Our Basecamp House is our newest house, with three bedrooms (6 bunks total), two full baths, and a laundry room available to guests. All three of our houses include large living and kitchen spaces, cable TV, DVD players and Wifi, and great views of the High Peaks mountains! We also allow free access to our yoga and fitness studio as well as our climbing gym to guests. At High Peaks Cyclery you can come, stay and play all under the same roof!
Reviewed 30 May 2014

On our whistle stop work trip we were lucky enough to be taken rock climbing by the guyz at High Peaks Cyclery.

They looked after us from start to finish and although our group came in all shapes and sizes, they got us all geared up and ready for the advenure.

With patience and expertease they coaxed, helped and encouraged us to make our way up the cliff face.

Although I did not manage the climb - partly nerves, partly size, partly foot issues - it wasn't for trying or the help of the guyz. I would certainly recommend them for any tours you are looking for help with in the area. They also took another group of our party hiking which they also loved.

Thx

There are newer reviews for High Peaks Cyclery - Day Tours

Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Brian, his wife and Jeremiah helped me get my first pair of x-country skis. To say they were super knowledgeable is an understatement. They were assisting me in picking out some equipment to allow me to continue this awesome outdoors experience. That's what they are all about- the sport, the nature, the good times you have out there in the country. I'm now driving back to the city, my first pair of skis are in the trunk, and I'll pray for it to snow in April!

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Awesome guided alpine tour with Brian, up the back of whiteface. We summited, then skied down through backcountry Forrest, and finally down the front of whiteface. What a great day out in the Adirondacks !! If you're looking for something more than just the average trip, the staff at high peaks know every part of the Adirondacks.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

High Peaks Cyclery has been a huge part of my family's lives since I was a kid. The company started off as a store selling only the best merchandise & gear. Over the 30 + years they have been in business the store has evolved. Now do they not only rent, repair, and sell sporting gear, they also provide adventures like Dirt Camps, Mini Triathlons, Rock Climbing, Hiking, Canoe and Kayak, Ice Climbing, Nordic Skiing, Snowshoeing, and Telemark and Alpine Skiing. Most adventures are offered in half or full day packages to better suit your adventure.

My husband and I recently took our 3 month old out on a Cross Country Ski adventure with Karen Delaney. She's an amazing teacher and even carried our baby in the baby bjorn while we refreshed our xc ski skills!

We also stayed in their lodging which is located next to the store. We stayed in the beautiful cabin above the Guide House. There are 3 bedrooms & the cabin sleeps 10+. We've stayed here a half dozen times with our friends and family. It's in the best location in town...everything is walking distance!

Before you book a hotel, definately check with Brian or Karen Delaney to see if one of their properties is available. They have better prices and you can't put a price on the knowledge they will provide you with about the ADK region and all of the awesome trails & sports you should try!

Hope my post helps :)