“Why did I just find this place Near ArtDevlin's Inn?”
Review of Downtown Diner

Downtown Diner
Ranked #55 of 99 Restaurants in Lake Placid
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Watertown, NY
“Why did I just find this place Near ArtDevlin's Inn?”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Had a super breakfast at 11 am on a Sat.. Hit it just right so no wait at all. Very casual, but clean, suoer fasr, and great food. My Bacon and Gongonzola omelette was fabulous, my husband was not a fan if the hash. seemed like a mix of locals and tourists.

• Visited August 2014

Goffstown
“Extremely poor service”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

This is our 4th trip to Lake Placid. We have eaten at this establishment before and the service was fair at best. This year we entered the restaurant and were seated. We watched as 3 other couples came in and were seated and served coffee and orders taken while we sat and waited. After more than 20 minutes of watching this we left. In past years the service was slow but not like this. We will be back in Lake Placid but not at this restaurant.

Visited August 2014
Wapwallopen, Pennsylvania
“Loved it”
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

They have a lot if breakfast choices. I had a gyro with scrambled eggs and tzaki (sic) sauce. Son in law loved the chicken fried steak. Husband got the make your own omelette with Gorgonzola cheese. Prices normal for a tourist town. Kitchi (sic) decor. We come here every time we re in town.

Setauket, New York
“Good breakfast!”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Friendly staff will bring you an enjoyable meal. I have only had breakfast here but it was good every time. They can accommodate a pretty large family with children pretty easily.

• Visited October 2013
CNY, United States
“Not worth going back”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I sincerely enjoy diners, so I've been to quite a few. The food here tasted pretty good, but overall did not meet my expectations for a diner. I did not think the portions were appropriate for the prices at all. I've never been able to complete a meal at a diner and I not only finished mine, but had some of my friends' meals, too. The decor and atmosphere was neat and our server was fairly good, though she was over-the-top enthusiastic/cheerful to the point that it was awkward, like a scene out of a comedy film. All in all, it wasn't a terrible experience, but I'll be checking out other diners next time I'm in the area.

• Visited June 2014