“Really great breakfast”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Had breakfast here with the family this past weekend. The place is small but nice. The food was really good. Good quality ingredients, great coffee, and everything was homemade. I really enjoyed the sweet potato pancakes. Service was also really good. I would go back here again for sure.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I placed a take out order for what sounded like delicious food. It was ready at the suggested time and I drove back to my hotel 20 minutes away. There had been not a single table occupied in the restaurant when I picked up my food which should have been a warning. When I unpacked the food, I realized that the cranberry ginger chutney, whole grain mustard, sweet onion jam, and pistachio brittle that were supposed to come with the charcuterie platter had been omitted, so all I received was the meat and cheese, not all the flavors that would have made that dish delicious. In addition, the meat was gristly. We also ordered tomato and roasted garlic soup which was like watery milk with a chunk of tomato in it. In addition we ordered Roasted Asparagus extra virgin olive oil, crispy duck breast prosciutto, Provost Farm (Saranac, NY) poached duck egg, shavings of Parmigano Reggiano, aged balsamic glaze, but it sounds a lot better that it tasted. Also the beet salad was very skimpy with few beets and a couple of cherry tomatoes. On the whole, a terrible experience. I would never book a table there.

3  Thank Cornello
Reviewed 4 July 2014

This is a must-visit restaurant in Lake Placid. With its small farmhouse-like environment, the food matches the experience. Expect items to involve rhubarb and strawberry plus local maple syrup. Chair 6 substitutes sweet potato pancakes for regular pancakes, thick-sliced bread for French toast, and it has one of the best sausage gravy dishes around.

Its location outside of the main drag is what allows this to be a unique restaurant. Dinners are also recommended. If it's a nice day, sitting on the porch allows one to watch cyclists and runners going by. Sometimes the service can be a bit aloof.

Chair 6 does have wine and unique bottles of beer. It also decent coffee. Check it out at least once on the way out of town.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Although outside of town proper......this charming LITTLE place is just great. I believe it is owned by one of the larger restaurants/hotels, and it offers the same quality. But be warned...it is on the pricy side for breakfast. Never had lunch there....didn't even know they served it!

1  Thank Rascal1226
Reviewed 27 June 2014

They will not let you bring your dog even if you sit outside! I have never eaten at a place that does not allow dogs for outside seating. The manager doesn't know basic regulations regarding animals I guess. Obviously for pet owners this place is a no go. The food was average breakfast fair. Nothing special honestly

2  Thank Kyle R