“Generous portion”

China City
Ranked #53 of 104 Restaurants in Lake Placid
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

If you are afraid you do not buy enough food, just scale down. Bought 4 different dishes, had so much left over that we took back home to Canada. Taste was very good for a small town Chinese restaurant. Recommend for take out.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

This is the 2nd time we have taken Chinese food from China City back to our room after a long day. The food is flavorful and moderately priced. The location is right in the middle of things. We would recommend this for take-out.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Anytime my wife amd myself are staying in Lake Placid we make it a point to get take out from China City. Some really good Chinese food (compared in Montreal, Canada) you can get and extremely great value for the amount of food you do get. I always end up ordering too mucxh as I want to try as many dishes as possible and have not been disappointed. Please understand this is not a five star restaurant and cannot be compared to that, the place offers good food at a decent price. I have never eaten in the place as it is extremely basic decor and always take the food back to where I am staying or find a picnic table to enjoy eating outdoors.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

The price was good. I ordered "seafood combo with Chinese vegetables" which was supposed to include lobster, shrimp and scallops. The lobster, I believe, was actually surimi, or imitation lobster, which is primarily pollock. It was tube shaped and cut on a diagonal, with red coloration on the outside, if you know what I mean.
I mixed the rice wit the seafood and veg that were in a white sauce. Something in there tasted as though it was sautéed in butter, which is not a normal ingredient in Chinese food as far as I know.
In any case,it was ok.
In their defense, Lake Placid is a few hundred miles from ocean, so seafood might not have been the best choice.

Reviewed 5 April 2013

This place has dirty utensils, cross contamination of raw chicken and seafood, unruly staff and unreasonable business practice. If you want to pay for outdated, dirty and gross food, please visit here! They are also anti-american and mock our troops, as I witnessed when I was in there.

3  Thank Bobbi P