“Too pricey for the quality of food”
Review of Mykonos Restaurant - CLOSED

Mykonos Restaurant
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Danbury, Connecticut
“Too pricey for the quality of food”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Was edible and portion was very generous. However, the price is as or even more than Best New York City Greek restaurant. I would not go back.

Visited August 2013

Lake Placid, New York
“Their vegetarian options are wonderful!Does this count A's an en”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

A's an entry in the Saranac Sweepstakes? The vegetarian options are so delicious! The wine pairings at Terry Robards impressed Me so much!
It was like a vacation to Greece!
Owners are wonderful, and aim to please!

Kathy Eldridge
adkviews@gmail.com

• Visited May 2013
New York City
“Good Greek Food, For Upstate NY”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We were told that this restaurant was owned and run by Greeks and, since we love Greek food, decided we should try it out. We were not disappointed. The restaurant was not very busy and we ended up asking to sit upstairs since there were tables with young kids downstairs. We ended up being the only table seated upstairs, but the owner and our waitress were very accommodating and nice. The dips combination appetizer was good; not quite as good as some of the Greek restaurants we go to near us, but good. The pita bread was served warm (like it should be) but got a little crunchy, I think they overcooked it some). The lamb kabob was very good; cooked perfectly and flavorful, and the tsadziki it was served with was very good, nice and garlicky. Again, not quite as good as at home, but definitely very good. The prices seemed just a little bit high, but not outrageous. I would definitely return and recommend it if you enjoy Greek food.

Visited July 2013
Lake Placid, New York
“I miss the middle east.”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I went to Mykonos tonight with my family as they were up for a visit and I generally don't have people to go out to eat with. They asked me where I wanted to go and I said there is a greek place I have always wanted to try.

My first impression was how expensive the food was; however, it was so worth the price. We got the eggplant dip with pita for an appetizer and it was amazing. My father ordered the swordfish and got a piece bigger than any I have ever seen, as for the fish itself it melted in your mouth. My mother got two appetizers for dinner which were amazing. I ended up with the gyro, my father tried my meat and said that is the most tender meat he has ever eaten.

While pricy it is well worth it, the only downside is parking, but they do own the hotel right next to them so if the lot is ever full just park there.

• Visited June 2013
Ottawa
“Best lamb kebob”
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Suggested by a fellow hiker upon a summit, we gave Taverna Mykonos a try for supper knowing that the décor will be simple. The restaurant has basic bare tables with stackable banquet chairs but the food is what we came to have. We both had the lamb Shish Kebob platters. The lamb was cooked medium and tender with a great seasoning. It was served with rice or lemon potatoes, sautéed mushrooms and crisp vegetables. The service was very attentive and non-intrusive. A good white wine was picked from the great selection of Greek wines by the bottle at reasonable prices.

• Visited June 2013