“One of the most awful restaurant experiences I've had”
Review of Mykonos Restaurant - CLOSED

Mykonos Restaurant
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Manchester, New Hampshire
“One of the most awful restaurant experiences I've had”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I will have to agree with the two previous comments- as I remember who they were in the restaurant. My boyfriend and I arrived at this restaurant a little after 8:00. We are avid Greek cuisine eaters and were excited for some good Greek food. We were immediately placed upstairs at a table with minimal light. We moved ourselves to a different table when we realized we couldn't even read the menu. We ordered semi-quickly but the waitress seemed immediately flustered and unprofessional. I also have to say that being a waitress myself and having worked numerous customer service jobs, I know what proper customer service actions are.

I immediately began noticing that people around us seemed bored/tired and no one had any food. Should have run away then. I watched one table wait 45 minutes to get a book for their finished food and get their check. We hadn't been too hungry so we ordered one platter to share and an app to share. An hour later we were giving the waitress 5 minutes to come up with our order before we left. Luckily within that time she came with a salad... nothing else.. (btw it was not the app we ordered, but rather part of our meal instead).

In the meantime of waiting our waitress rarely came to check on us, and we never got any complimentary food (such as pita and dip) during the wait. With an hour wait, especially at the prices we paid, we deserved to have been given some sort of complimentary item. We watched children go into an empty booth and fall asleep because they were hungry and so tired of waiting- and this is not an exaggeration. The waitress was also unprofessional as to tell us how little a previous group had tipped her and blamed it on their NATIONALITY... this was also AFTER she decided to SIT DOWN at OUR table. I have never seen ANYTHING quite like that ever happen.

After we got our salad (an hour after arriving) we waited another half hour. My boyfriend was convinced we should leave and I was about to. We had put money on the table for the salad and were literally standing to leave when our food came up the stairs. I still wish we had left at that moment.

The only good thing was that the food was very good... after the almost two and a half hour dining "experience" (I also have to say that once I arrived there werent more than 6 tables in the restaurant so this was not due to it currently being swamped).

1 app and 1 platter (no drinks)- $35

• Visited October 2013

Toronto, Canada
“Your time is too valuable for Mykonos”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Party of 4 dined here on Saturday night of the October long weekend. The hostess told us we could look at the menus but the wait to order would be half an hour. A few tables were full but only one was eating. We should have known better but we decided to stay.
We ordered fairly promptly and then waited. The server was friendly and polite but we got the feeling she was used to these long delays.
We sat and waited with nothing but our drinks. Not even some pita. When our food finally arrived just over an hour later, it came in a flurry. Pita and dip, followed quickly by appetizers, salads and then mains before we had time to finish our first courses. Food was fine, 2 of the 4 sides were wrong but we were so tired of waiting we didn't bother changing them.
We felt sorry for the poor hostess and server but there is clearly something wrong in the kitchen that needs fixing.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank hfirthc615
Finger Lakes, NY
“Horrible experience, but when food did arrive was tasty”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

It is a very busy week here in Lake Placid, and we were warned that the kitchen was backed up about 30 minutes on the Saturday night we were there. Every restaurant in town had long waits. However, we were APPALLED at our treatment at Mykonos. While the wait staff was very polite, we sat in the restaurant for 90 minutes after ordering only food that did not require cooking so that it would arrive more quickly before we were given ANYTHING. No bread, no soup, not even a mint or crackers. Our starving children were BEGGING us and the staff for anything to nibble on while we waited for the salads, dips and pita bread that we ordered and NOTHING was done about it. I went back to the car for an apple to split between them. We were told that the chef wouldn't listen to reason and he would only serve each table their entire meal from apps to entrée all together before starting on the food for the next table. At 9:45, we finally packed up our just arrived food and sleeping children and went back to the hotel - exhausted, starving, and annoyed. It was good - especially the octopus- but never worth the torture we went through watching each table get salads, entrees, desserts before we could get a piece of bread for our children. I can't believe we paid for this experience And, it was pretty over-priced, too.

1 Thank Laenee
Marion,IN
“Good experience”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We were staying in Saranac Lake and drove to Lake Placid to look around and see the sights. We passed this place and we had not had a Greek meal on our trip so we decided to give it a try. It was Labor Day evening and the town was shutting down after the weekend and a lot of places were closed. We thought about an appetizer, but when reading the menu the appetizer we were thinking of came as a side with the meal. we both had a Kabob, my wife had chicken and I had the gyro meat Kabob and they were wonderful. The only thing wrong was there was way too much and we did not want to overstuff. We thought this was worth the extra $$ for a delicious, plentiful meal.

Ithaca, New York
“Excellent Meal”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We had an incredible gyro platter with lemon potatoes, vegetables, and salad. It was pricey but was enough for more that two people. Really delicious. Great service.