“Fun and good”

Lisa G's
Ranked #5 of 99 Restaurants in Lake Placid
Price range: US$8 - US$19
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: View, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Eastern Virginia
“Fun and good”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Great little local restaurant. We are vegetarians and the vegetarian options were few, but excellent. The drinks were strong and good. Maybe a little too strong. We would definitely return

Visited March 2014

Derwood, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“1st time, last time”
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

We visited on a Sunday night. We were sat promptly but waited a long time for service. I had the Monty Cristo. There was cartilage in the chicken. My wife found some of the chicken in her Asian salad cold and tasteless. Promised bread not delivered. No one asked about our meal.

1 Thank wmoyer25
“Good service, but so-so food. Fries were great.”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We came here on the recommendation of a local business, so figured that it was frequented by locals.

The Pros:
1. large, spacious eating place. Nice decor, and on the back wall, there is a mural which is a "continuation" of the restaurant that the kids enjoyed playing "find me" games on. It was centrally located.
2. the staff: without question, the staff are very friendly and helpful. Quick and attentive. Everyone had a smile - makes a difference.
3. The fries are excellent.

The Cons:
1. the food was average for an eatery. We ordered 2 burgers, and I specifically asked for the children's burger to be well done, not medium, as I am a concerned parent for E. coli. The burger came out medium, of which my child ate a 1/4 of it before I noticed and checked. The other burger was medium - well, pink, but the other member of our party didn't mind. It was sent back, and cooked to the desired doneness.
2. The southern fried chicken sandwich was OK, but nothing special over a breaded chicken McGrill at McDonald's
3. the hot dog was mediocre and warm, not hot. Not even grilled! It was a boiled hot dog.
4. The salad was nothing special, with balsamic dressing.

Neutral
1. the prices were not too expensive. It was OK for a pub/bistro. $50 for 2 adults and 2 kids.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank pw0867
New York City, New York
“Not impressed”
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

A group of us had dinner here on a Friday night. We made a reservation and they had a table waiting for us upon arrival. The appetizers were not great (ordered the wings, nachos and fried calamari). The entrees were also lackluster such as the chicken parm which was supposed to be made with homemade sauce and the burrito that was fried. Who fries a burrito. The only good parts of the meal were the chicken tenders and the large pours of wine.

• Visited February 2014
Paul Smiths, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hospitality down pat!”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

This was not my first─ and definitely not my last time at Lisa G’s, but this evening I just had to take a moment of my time to share my experience. First off it was a pleasure having lunch earlier today and the food was spectacular as always. My friends and I were welcomed and seated by Lisa herself and what a pleasure it was to meet her. The menu has a lot of variety and I have to point out exactly how witty and charming it was because it felt like it was talking to us, as crazy as that sounds. The entire experience just seemed like something else and I don't think I've ever read a menu and its entirety before Lisa G’s. Our server Maggie was so sweet and gracious; she was always right there to fill up my drink and was on top of getting our food out. They both made our lunch so pleasant and warming. I highly recommend this restaurant for friends, families and if you just wanted to hang out by the bar. Thank you Lisa and Maggie keep up the work and we will see you soon!

• Visited February 2014