“A must for any visit to Lake Placid!!”

Great Adirondack Steak & Seafood Company
Ranked #12 of 104 Restaurants in Lake Placid
Price range: US$0 - US$36
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We have been offering prime steak and fresh seafood daily for over 25 years. Our on premise brewery features award winning ales and homemade rootbeer. We feature a full wine list, full bar and private dining for both lunch and dinner. During the warmer months enjoy our beautiful patio with a view of Mirror Lake. Please visit our website for more information.Check us out on face book!!!
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Great food, great beer and great service! We had a relatively large party and everyone raved about their dinners. Our waiter, Joe, was outstanding! Seafood was very fresh- steak was perfect! We sat outside for drinks- a perfect evening! Can't wait to go back!

1  Thank Adk_wizard

Reviewed 22 August 2014

We (4 adults ) were looking for a nice meal on a patio, and we walked away very disappointed. I ordered the St. Louis ribs and could not cut them apart. I tasted the meat off both end and it was dry and tasted bad. The other three meals were ok, but the prices were really high for the quality of the food. Service was not that good either. When the waiter came over at the "end" of the meal and asked how every thing was, I told him about the ribs....he said oh, that's too bad, I wish you had said something, I would have if he had been around during the meal. Also, make sure you check your bill, the menu say that 18% will be added to groups of 6 or more, but they add 18% to every bill.

2  Thank De S
Robert K, Public Relations Manager at Great Adirondack Steak & Seafood Company, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Hi DS,
I'm sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your meal with us. I promise you that this kind of experience is not the norm! We would never want someone to pay for a meal they did not enjoy, and you most certainly should not have had the tip included in your bill. I assure you that we will look into this matter further.
We strive to make sure that every customers experience is nothing less than perfect and unfortunately this didn't happen for you; I can not apologize enough.
If you are willing to give us a second chance, we would love to make it up to you. Please contact us at info@gadkss.com so we can figure out a way to remedy the situation.

Kelsey Torrance
Great Adirondack Steak and Seafood
2442 Main Street, Lake Placid, NY, 12946
adksteakandseafood.com
info@gadkss.com
518.523.1629

Reviewed 21 August 2014

There is nothing worse than being at a restaurant that's not at all busy and it still takes forever to get served. Even getting water filled was an ordeal. Getting a fresh cocktail was near impossible. When the food finally came it was cold and only average. For a $100 lunch (for 2) it left tons to be desired

2  Thank Alex S
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Sorry to say this as excited as I was about a restaurant decorated in antiques and curiosity items all around the inside dining room, plus a pleasing menu, the place needs a new approach to food and service. With a table by the window with a distant view of Mirror Lake and all the people walking by on the sidewalk I was satisfied this was going to be a good experience. It wasn't. Initially, there were only (5) people in the entire dining room worked by two servers so quick service is usually guaranteed. Not here! Had to flag our server down several times as the waits between drinks and appetizers, appetizers and entrees, entrees and desserts were excessive without any apparent reason. I had the prime rib as it is prominently advertised on their menu. The meat was decent but excessively marbleized with significant amount of fat ($24/Cobbie Hill 12oz). Don't let the 12oz scare you as there is probably only 8oz of meat. The Flat Iron steak ($22.00/10oz) is probably the best deal in the house. The meat was profoundly tender and cooked perfectly. Considering that the majority of steak dishes cost in the $30's and $40's these two dishes are probably the best "deals" but also tasty. We were going to try the lobster but just half a lobster was in the high $20's (welcome to LP in the summer) and it seemed that by the time I'd have my usual 1 1/2lbs of lobster it would have set me back $60-$70.
A wonderful and welcome standout was the Adirondack Chowder (creamy version). The taste was exceptional!!! So, all in all, a place that is interestingly decorated and with a great outdoor area but the service is slow, prices high, and the food could be better.

1  Thank TonyK300
Reviewed 20 August 2014

If you just want beer it is fine but the food was mediocre to poor. My ribs were very chewy, dry as a bone, the green beans were musty and the potatoes, just passable. My husband's 16 oz. Prime Rib was mostly fat, about 4 ounces meat, same musty beans and same potatoes. The prices were too high for the quality of food we got. May go back for a beer but Never food again.