“Nice place”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Bar, Pub
Good for: View
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

Good atmosphere and good food. Will be back. Had wings with pumpkin sauce. They were really good. Had some beer off the tap that was good too.

There are newer reviews for Smoke Signals

Reviewed 30 October 2013

We picked Smoke Signals after looking at the menu online. We were seated right away by the window, which I'm sure offers amazing views of Mirror Lake when it's not 8pm in October. But the interior of the restaurant is beautiful as well. It's large and spacious with a fireplace. We both ordered drinks since they have several beers on tap including local ones. The waitress gave us cornbread while we waited for our food. We weren't even finished with the cornbread when our food came. It was so quick. I got a beet and goat cheese wrap (you can have any of their salads prepared as a wrap) which came with fries. My friend got the BBQ nachos with pulled pork. The portions were large and everything was delicious and reasonably priced. I would definitely recommend it.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

We loved Smoke Signals-everything was delicious! We tried the Thanksgiving egg rolls, which we loved! My husband had the steak and I had the pulled BBQ chicken, all AWESOME. The bacon mac & cheese was so good, I'd go back just for that! ......another thing I'd go back for...the deep fried oreos!! A must try! The wait staff was above par with recommendations and friendly service! After dinner we went upstairs where the live music and action was happening... all and all, a great night at Smoke Signals! We'll be back!

Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

We dropped into Smoke Signals after watching Gravity at The Palace. Just looking for apps and drinks. Jason was our server and from the start was super informative, accommodating, and friendly. As a group we ordered the Caribbean rum smoked wings, baked brie & apple, and thanksgiving turkey egg-roll. All was excellent. The wings were exceptionally good having the amazing smoked flavor this place is going for.

We asked if the restaurant was part of a chain. It's not. The decor is very clean and modern, which lends itself to being chain like looking. This is meant to be a compliment. The small bottles on the table full of unique homemade style sauces helps to individualize the style of the restaurant.

All in all, Smoke Signals is very successful at providing a welcoming, warm, and comfortable atmosphere while still being modern and creative with attention to small details. Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

We had a very enjoyable evening here. The service was top-notch. The atmosphere was great. The food was very good. Serving size was more than adequate. Pricing was fair. We drank only water so I cannot comment on the bar offerings.

Our waiter was very informative, friendly and helpful. He took the time to explain the dishes and how they are prepared. I listened to his explanations to other tables and found that his answers were not canned answers. He truly was trying to match diner preferences to menu offerings.

The restaurant has the obvious advantage of looking out over the lake so that helps. Especially in summer when the glass doors can be left open. Our Fall evening was a bit cool for that! Most bbq restaurants stay with the very rough hewn look. These folks have taken a slightly different approach. They've done a nice job of blending natural woods with modern lighting and mood effects. In fact, with only minor changes you could make this a contemporary sushi restaurant. I found the décor attractive and conducive to a nice meal.

The food was quite good. We had a salad and the sampler so we could taste a variety of items. The beet salad earned a strong "A" for presentation. It really was quite pretty.....and the "small" salad was down right large. In fact, we questioned whether the waiter had gotten the order right. Small salads are never that big. The bbq sampler plate was good and offered plenty for $24. I find every bbq restaurant tends to do one or two meats well, but falls down with the other meats. I thought this place did a good job with all 3 meats we ordered - ribs, brisket and pulled pork. I've had slightly tastier brisket and a bit more tender ribs elsewhere on rare occasions; but all three meats were very good. If I were to go back, I would order just brisket..............and to the waiter's credit, when I asked at the beginning of the evening which meat they do best, he said the brisket.

While the meats were quite tasty on their own accord and didn't really need any additional sauce, I was particularly taken with their pumpkin and apple bbq sauce. It had an unusual flavor I've not tasted before in bbq sauces. It was slightly sweet and really good.

My wife ordered the beet salad with goat cheese. I absolutely abhor beets, but even I was impressed with the salad she received. I worked my way around the beets a bit and thoroughly enjoyed the fresh greens and creamy goat cheese.

For sides, we got baked beans with the platter and order an additional side of macaroni and cheese. Both were amongst the best I've had anywhere...........and serving sizes were more than ample.

The corn bread served with the meal was a bit sweet for my liking. It was a bit too cake-y for me. But I'm probably in the minority when I say I prefer very dry corn bread.

This restaurant is only about five months old. I'm sure some of the early negative comments were the result of early growing pains. I think they've gotten things down pretty well now. It was a great meal and evening's experience.