“DELICIOUS!!!”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Bar, Pub
Good for: View
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff, seating with view of Mirror Lake.... doesn't get much better... But it did! Fried pickles, cold beer and brisket made the perfect dinner!! Get there early... Fills up quickly!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,135)

Reviewed 22 July 2014

WOW. This place can cook good BBQ! The atmosphere was cool and the waitress was friendly. She had no probably giving really good recommendations. The food was just awesome and the kids loved it. It was a little loud, but that is to be expected in such a busy restaurant.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I asked my son where he wanted to dine for his birthday and Smoke Signals was his choice. We journeyed to Lake Placid, and were promptly greeted, showed to a table overlooking the lake. Our waiter was present, but not over attentive which I like. I had the Sampler, and it was truly a feast. Food is great. I'm using any excuse to go back.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

This restaurant sits overlooking Mirror Lake. If you like barbecue try the triple flavored ribs. The amount is large enough for two to share. We added a side of lobster mac and cheese. All was to die for. Excellent corn bread. Full bar and the drinks were generous. Professional wait staff. Price commensurate with excellent food, service and ambiance. For two with drinks about $100.00. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We had a great table with a view of the lake here. I had the sampler plate, which included ribs, brisket, and pulled pork. My husband had the brisket. There were several sauces on the table - we really liked the habanero. The meals came with a side and a serving of corn bread. We all had beer, and there were several choices on tap. Prices were good. I compared this restaurant favorably with places we've been for barbecue in eastern North Carolina. We visit Lake Placid regularly and I would definitely go here again.