Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Placid
Ranked #3 of 31 Hotels in Lake Placid
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Beautiful clean facility overlooking Mirror Lake. Within walking distance to all of Town's attractions. We'll be back for sure. We enjoyed free breakfast and the staff was very friendly. Relax by the outdoor fireplace and meet some new friends.

Stayed: July 2014
Write a ReviewReviews (1,295)

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We spent one night at this hotel on our way north. The location was wonderful with Mirror Lake right outside the back door. The room was a good size that included a couch and desk as well as a king size bed. There was an exercise room that was sufficient. The breakfast was very good and included in the price.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WaffieNorthCarolina
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The hotel is only two years old and is in a wonderful location (across from Mirror Lake and close to town). I would have given the hotel a 5 star rating, but there are problems with the management of the hotel. A gift package was not delivered to our room and I asked the front desk to look into the matter. He said he would find it and have it delivered. A hour later, no package, no call. So I called down and asked if they were able to find the package. The manager was curt and said he'd get around to asking housekeeping about the package. I went down there later and he said he didn't know what happened to the package and did not seem at all concerned that I was upset. My husband asked him about it and apparently the manager hadn't even looked into the matter. My husband agreed that the manager had a slacker attitude. I can't believe in this age of the customer and social media that the manager was so dismissive of the situation. Also housekeeping walked in on me dressing---they didn't even knock. Despite the wonderful facilities, I can't recommend this property because of the poor customer service.

Room Tip: Ask for room with balcony facing the lake
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Cathy H
Richard C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Placid, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property on TripAdvisor. I can assure you my team and I strive to exceed guest expectations and provide the highest level of satisfaction possible; clearly in this case we failed to meet those goals. I’d also like to apologize for the apparent confusion with one of our front desk associates as he seemingly lead you to believe he was the manager on duty during your stay. Had he brought the matter to my attention I would have insured we responded with the urgency the situation deserved. I have personally addressed this with him so that something like this does not happen in the future. Such behavior is unacceptable and as you can see from other reviews this is certainly not the norm at our property. Once again, please accept my apologies and feel free to contact me at 518-523-9500 if you would like to discuss this further. I hope you will consider giving us another chance the next time you are in Lake Placid. I am confident we can make your next stay one of the best you’ve ever experienced.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Last year jully 2013, we were some of the first customers in this new Hampton in Lake Placid. We cannot describde how welcoming the whole staff was. So much that it became an addiction. All year long we came several times and it was always 100%. So we made sure that we spend a whole week to really appreciate every moment at this hotel. And again the staff is giving us more than 100% of quality service. So please make sure you come and try this Hampton in Lake Placid. It s an experience. Everything is mint, rooms, breakfast, it s clean and sparkling. Lots of parking available. Great location. We salute all the staff mrs Christina and Stephanie (housekeeping) the gentlemen at the front desk, and a special thanks to Mrs Tetley (front desk sup.), Mr Richard (gen. mgr), Mrs Anna (assistant mgr), Mr John (sale coord.) for making our stay awsome.

Diane et Lise
Two lady bikers

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Diane076
Reviewed 13 July 2014

On an overnight trip to Lake Placid, got a lakeview room with a balcony at Hampton Inn. Our room was on the fifth floor, and what a view we had! Could see the whole Mirror Lake end-to-end, with the Mirror Lake Inn complex on the far side. Morning, day and night, the view was magnificent, and sitting out on the balcony was super relaxing and enjoyable. Well worth the extra cost (cost me 125K HHonors points for the night - triple of the regular Hampton Inn room - but was well worth it).
The hotel itself is new (just built a couple of years ago) and gorgeous. The lobby restaurant area (for the free breakfast buffet and afternoon reception - there is no "real" restaurant on the property) features spectacular panoramic windows with a great view on the lake. There is an ample outdoor seating area, with a huge fire pit that is lit up at night, providing welcome warmth on a cool Adirondack evening.
The hotel is just across the street from a public beach, and the water in the lake was not only warm enough to swim late in the evening, but also crystal clear. Can run over for a quick dip, or an extended swim (saw dozens of people swimming across the lake training for the Ironman event a few weeks out.) Or take advantage of the nice indoor pool!
The room was standard Hampton Inn - big, clean, comfortable, with basic but more than adequate amenities. (BTW, really appreciate their "fresh duvets" policy! Don't have to worry about coming in contact with questionable bed covers you see in many other hotels). The WiFi access was good (and free!), and the room had a comfortable office table and chair and plenty of outlets.
Didn't see much more of the building - too busy enjoying the view from above, and enjoying the adirondack chairs strewn over the lawn in front.
Really a superb experience, don't know about the other hotels in the area, but this was a great choice for us - magnificent views, trusted quality and service, and can't beat the price :-)
P.S. The hotel is only a block away from Main Street, which is the main shopping / dining destination in Lake Placid. It's at the beginning of the strip that runs next to the lake (Mirror Lake, not Lake Placid), but well within walking distance to most restaurants/shops/attractions.

Room Tip: Definitely recommend lake view room, preferably with a balcony
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Numinescent
Reviewed 10 July 2014

My husband and I just spent the past 2 nights at the Hampton Inn in Lake Placid and I am so glad we did. The location is perfect, and the hotel was clean with friendly staff. My only disappointment is that the hot tub's water was too cool to enjoy, but other than that, our stay was perfect.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for lake view rooms on higher floors!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lepski110
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We've stayed at lots of Hamptons - nearly a dozen on this vacation alone, and have come to expect a "standard" of this chain that they've done well to remain consistent with. Still, this one was definitely a step above the typical Hampton. The location is quite beautiful (if you get a room on the lake-side of the hotel) - but you'll pay a premium for that. I think overall it's more expensive than most Hamptons and you'll think twice about whether it's worth paying for the view - but we got a balcony room on the third floor and I honestly feel it was worth it - we had a nice view of the lake and that in and of itself was a bonus - there's lots of activity out there. Olympic kayakers training, a mini-traithalon happened on one of the evenings which was very fun to watch as well. I'd pay the extra for the room location for sure next time around.

PROS: pretty location, nice large breakfast area, manager's cheese/beer reception in the evenings, hotel is just a year old. Lots of hikes within a half hour in all directions.
CONS: a bit on the expensive side. Main street shops is a bit of a walk from hotel but manageable.

TIPS: get a room with lake view, try the pub restaurant next door - it's great.

Room Tip: pay the extra to get a room with a lake view - preferably a balcony if you're going to have time...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family