“More Up Than Down”

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“More Up Than Down”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We play golf many places, and we live on a golf course in Florida during the winter. Mountain golf is always a challenge, and Craig Wood is no exception.
It's hard to imagine that you can have 15 holes uphill and only 3 but CW has manged to do that . The views on the front nine are spectacular, and the trees on the back nine are many. However, the greens are large, quite well maintained, but few are flat, Like you're told by your pro. " stay below the hole."
When you finish, try the grille. We had sandwiches and onions, and both were delicious, and the price was right.

Visited August 2013

Cornwall, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Beautiful golf course and the price is right.”
Reviewed 19 June 2013

This course has challenging greens but the view is breathtaking. With a cart they offer a reasonable green fee.

Visited June 2013
Kahnawake
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great course”
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I play in the September tournament each year and love the course. Tough greens. On the first hole I once had a 6 foot putt for birdie and got a 13, good thing that was the practise round! It would be nice if there was a bit more water on the course, but it is tough as it is. Great course.

Visited September 2011
Boxford, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Value and Scenery”
Reviewed 17 October 2011

We had 6 people with no tee times on Saturday about 1 p.m. of the Columbus Day Weekend. There was no wait, it was beautiful day, the fall colors were at their peak and the course was in great shape for $36 per person with gas cart.

Tough course in terms that you need to know that you want to be below the hole on most greens or risk rolling by the pin 20 feet or in some cases off the front of the green entirely.

I can see where it would get backed up but that was not the case with us. A great golf experience with friends.

Visited October 2011
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“A good value and challenging golf”
Reviewed 11 August 2011

I decided to avoid the pricier Lake Placid Club and Whiteface Club greens fees ($75 & $100 respectively) by playing at Craig Wood for $35. I was a single, and I was surprised but pleased that the starter let me out by myself, which certainly contributed to the back-up and slow play. Another issue is that this is an inexpensive course, so I'm sure it attracts inexperienced players-I saw several-who don't play quickly or efficiently. With all of that being said, I played golf here twice and thoroughly enjoyed both experiences. The course was in excellent shape, the greens are REALLY challenging, and the staff is friendly.

3 Thank phl-liz