“very good”

Craig Wood Golf Course
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Lush greens and fairways and somewhat challenging course...Grandfather golfed here 33 years ago...what a treat!

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Played late August afternoon rounds when both days were hot & humid. Found this Adirondack mountain course better vs. say Laurentian or Eastern Township courses for a few of reasons 1) Course condition esp. the greens, which putted true & quick 2) Challenging but fair was generally able to find most wayward shots... 3) Whiteface Mountain as background was added bonus to very pleasant rounds of golf. Club Pro, Mr. Estes, was kind enough to chat with Our group, probably because I played his ball on adjoining fairway. He returned it to me on next hole...Oh yes, flat lies are rare...Overall was quite pleased & will return to play again. Booked online & saved a few dollars too!

Reviewed 22 August 2013

Went early mid week. I was the second person out, finished in three hours (had a cart). People were friendly. Course was in good shape, beware of the bumpy, hilly fairways when in your cart. Lots of up hill holes, remember to club up. Only one green was in bad shape. Overall really good experience.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

I played a round first thing in the morning, and have to say that this course exceeded my expectations. The greens were all in excellent shape, except one, which they were repairing. I am used to greens like this (sloped), and thought that these were a bit slower than the ones I'm used to. You definitely will test your putting skills. I thought the whole course was in great shape and the surrounding mountains made for a beautiful outing. The staff was very friendly as well.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

Very scenic, well groomed. Unfortunately we were only able to get 16 holes in before we were drenched by a torrential downpour. Nice greens and a bit faster than your average muni course. Challenging and fun!