“This is not luxury. This is a very good value for a simple room from the 1950's!”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Cascade Motor Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lake Placid
Cascade Motor Inn
Ranked #13 of 14 Lake Placid B&B and Inns
Lawrenceville, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

The rooms are quite large and they are perfect if you just want a clean place to stay for $60 a night. We use this inn for overflow when we are in Lake Placid at our house. The restaurant is attached and it has very good food and excellent pre rib on Saturday nights. The owners are friendly, accommodating, and very hard working and caring people.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank Arthur T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Simcoe, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2013

Room was NOT clean - some (gross) stains on the 'leather' (faux leather most likely) couch - (bodily fluids it appears) - well, I wasn't sitting on it. No fitted sheets. Mattresses older than ones I slept on as a kid. Oh, they have color tv - a 21" CRT about 25+ years old sitting in the corner. The bathroom seemed clean, but in a MASSIVE need of repair. Ceiling caving in and the floor tiles were - I kid you not - STAPLED down and rusting in one corner. Only someone shorter than 5' tall could use the shower properly, and the taps didn't work properly at all. A prior review that stated "I itched all night" just about sums it up. This motel is in dire need of a renovation. It almost seems the owners have conceded that they are not investing any more in it and are trying to make the most money they can before they close/retire.
On a positive note - the restaurant serves good food. But beware - the cutlery and glasses were quite dirty. Bring something to clean them with before you use them.
It's worth paying more money to stay somewhere else. I wish I had.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank John R

Travellers are raving about these Lake Placid hotels

Rochester, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2013

My friends chose this hotel so I thought id check up on it. SO very grateful for all your reviews, they really did help me to be prepared! I brought tilex with me and boy am I glad! TONS of mold to kill in the shower! eek! I brought my own sheets and blankets and put my fitted sheet right over theirs (their blanket and all)...what another said was right, they only use flat sheets..Price is definitely nice $60 plus tax, location was great, ease of parking and getting into the room. Heat was nice, had great hot water in the shower! Ceiling was buckling but for some reason this didnt bother me, the cobwebs and the mold in the bathroom did! The heater was loud but I got used to it...the tv worked :) I left a $ for the house keeper saying I was hesitant to leave a tip but, but that perhaps his or her employer wasn't giving them the right supplies to clean (I hope this was the case!) I figured they couldnt afford to pay the housekeeper better and that the $ might be nice.

Room Tip: I don't know if there is a good room to choose from, sorry!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank JourneyGirl480
Spencerport, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

Room Number 2 (and same issues in room # 3) A large section of ceiling tiles were buckling from water damage. A plastic cover on the mattress was ripped and shredded. They did not put a full fitted sheet on, but tucked a flat sheet in on right and left side; not big enough for top and bottom. It immediately pulled off when you turned and you were laying on shredded plastic.I felt like bugs were crawling all over me. The bathroom sink was corroded and leaked. We couldn't blend hot and cold. LOTS of screaming as it was scalding or frigid. ( talked with another person, who had figured out to turn the cold water on full, slowly add hot and walk into the shower stall butt first. There is a stream of scalding water from the hot water handle which (per resident in # 3) landed on his foot. In ours, it was closer to the handles and only burned our left hand. The door (with the lock on) shook. My wallet and checkbook disappeared. The owner's were very nice, and I don't want to think it was strolen. There was an envelope on the dresser saying a $5.00 - $10.00 cleaning tip per night is recommended and to please leave this on the dresser. On the plus side, I saw the back of house in the kitchen. It was absolutely immaculate for a restaurant kitchen, however my daughter would not set foot in the restaurant, feeling it would be of the same quality as the room. It was cheap

Room Tip: Don't stay in rooms #1, 2, or three. I didn't talk to the other travelers
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Ruthlee B
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

Lumpy beds old linens and a funny smell this needs to be worked on a bit before we would stay again

1 Thank Gsemperfitop
Chateauguay, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2010

Considering that Lake Placid is a great town where they like to charm the tourists with amazing adirondack decor but with very expensive pricing, Cascade Inn is a real jewel. The rooms really would need to be redecorated and refreshed but at 60$ a night, you can't complaint. Rooms are cleans, owners are very welcoming and fun to chat with and the prime rib (on Saturday only), really worths the detour. Go for their queen cut as you will get more than plenty of food. If you have a REALLY large appetite, try their king cut and it is all you can eat :-) Go for the bar instead of the dining room, service is just as great both sides buth the ambiance is better. We go there every time we come to Lake Placid!!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Happy_2bTraveling69
potsdam,ny
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2010

we were late getting off the golf course so our reservations were late. the staff said no problem and we were treated great when we finally arrived. food and lodging were perfect. the bartender,waitress and owner went out of their way to accomodate our group of eight. if you want to relax and have fun,this is the place to go.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends