Before going further I will admit that the lodge is beautiful, stunning really. The rooms are fantastic, well equipped, beautifully furnished, and very spatious. The restaurant, lobby, and lounge are gorgeous. That being said, I was not terribly impressed with my stay. I am a regular at some true 5 star properties, like the Broadmoor and the Breakers, and this hotel while more expensive does not live up to that level of service. Examples:
- when we arrived there was no one to greet us, park the car, or open the door, ie no valet and no doorman. We carried are own bags.
- I never saw anyone at the concierge desk, and the gift shop was closed throughout our stay.
- the restaurant, lounge, and room service all had the same menu, with six appetizers and six entres, which stayed the same all three days of my stay.
- the pool was unstaffed, unkempt, and had a mineral/dirt ring at the waterline.
-the breakfast buffet was bare-bones; scrambled eggs, pancakes, bacon and sausage, and a simple fruit table. No cook to order station, limited choices, and what was there was often in need of replenishment. Very uninspiring.
In general the place seemed to be running with a skeleton crew, and really needed at least twice the number if staff they had. For the price we paid I expected a significantly higher level of service. While the rooms ARE very nice, I don't think this hotel is worth anything near what they are charging. In short you are paying for the room and hotel architecture, and not much else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Adirondack Mountains, this exclusive resort is a haven of comfort and elegance. A retreat where guests can relax in sumptuous all suites resort and enjoy superb cuisine. A refined atmosphere, log architecture, fire places, world class spa, year round activities and the Canoe Beach club on Lake Placid. The Lodge is both a family friendly destination and an adult playground or romantic escape. A Member of Leading Hotels of The World and the most Luxurious Full Service Resort in the Adirondacks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Whiteface Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Whiteface Hotel Lake Placid
- Whiteface Hotel Lake Placid
- Whiteface Lodge