The rustic lodge is luxurious and designed beautifully, our superior one bedroom suite was spacious comfortable, quiet and clean, we felt right at home! We were enchanted with the full kitchen, jacuzzi, fireplace, complementary toiletries and cookies. The modern and spacious fitness center and the playroom including bowling area were very nice additions.
Could be better:
The room TV's were surprisingly small for a hotel this range.
The Breakfast buffet (which seemed included in every room rate except ours) was acceptable for the price (14$/ea)
The pictures lead to believe the property is lakefront while it was not (our negligence for not double checking, but I thought it was worth a mention)
We were a little disappointed by the later check-in time (4PM) since we stayed for 1 day only and had to leave early on the next day.
Not able to relax by the pool even later at night or at the fire outside, inside kids would run up/down the stairs or scream in the pool. Not the hotel's fault but worth pointing out that this is a family oriented resort.
On checkout, there was a bit of confusion with our voucher (apparently newly trained front desk staff) and I had to insist to speak to a supervisor, however as soon as the supervisor was brought in she straightened everything out and we left on a positive note.
Overall, with a higher price come higher expectations. We found that the hotel was a bit overpriced for what it has to offer. Reading the other reviews I am glad we did not use our 75$ voucher for dinner and decided to cook for ourselves a nice candlelit dinner instead (grocery store and liquor store are just around the corner!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Adirondack Mountains, this exclusive resort is a haven of comfort and elegance. A retreat where guests can relax in sumptuous all suites resort and enjoy superb cuisine. A refined atmosphere, log architecture, fire places, world class spa, year round activities and the Canoe Beach club on Lake Placid. The Lodge is both a family friendly destination and an adult playground or romantic escape. A Member of Leading Hotels of The World and the most Luxurious Full Service Resort in the Adirondacks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Whiteface Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Whiteface Hotel Lake Placid
- Whiteface Hotel Lake Placid
- Whiteface Lodge