We recently stayed for 2 nights and absolutely love love loved it! Points from my credit card influenced the hotel we picked, but we really hit the jackpot. We were in the jr. suite but nothing felt junior about it. Pure luxury from the heated floor tiles in the bathroom, to the plush over sized towels, to the most comfortable bed I've slept in. We never wanted to leave the room, with the fireplace and comfy living area plus the large wall mounted tv. We could even get our Netflix and Hulu account on the blu ray player. There was a beautiful full kitchen with dishes, pots, pans, etc... a brita dispenser, even a dishwasher (as if). They brought fresh chocolate chip cookies and left them on our kitchen table each day. There was a washer and dryer built in the bathroom, a super deep jetted tub and awesome toiletries from their spa. The tub was so big, I actually felt like a little kid again. Our own private patio overlooked a woodsy area and gorgeous views from the picture window. Everything we could have wanted or needed was covered! We also loved the indoor/outdoor pool and hot tubs. The pool was kinda in a courtyard area. The grounds were beautiful! They had the trees lit up. It was very pretty! They had a game room, bowling alley and movie theater with free popcorn. Would be a great place for my daughters, if I was so inclined to bring a preteen and teenager. Even they could not have possibly been bored here. Unfortunately, we did not get to the spa but it looked lovely. Just too much to try to do in a few days. The restaurant was good as well. Completely worth the splurge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Adirondack Mountains, this exclusive resort is a haven of comfort and elegance. A retreat where guests can relax in sumptuous all suites resort and enjoy superb cuisine. A refined atmosphere, log architecture, fire places, world class spa, year round activities and the Canoe Beach club on Lake Placid. The Lodge is both a family friendly destination and an adult playground or romantic escape. A Member of Leading Hotels of The World and the most Luxurious Full Service Resort in the Adirondacks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Whiteface Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Whiteface Hotel Lake Placid
- Whiteface Hotel Lake Placid
- Whiteface Lodge